Author Topic: New barrel fitting charge?  (Read 3673 times)

Offline handirifle

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.handirifle.com
New barrel fitting charge?
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2004, 06:36:22 AM »
Amen!
God, Family, and guns, in that order!

Offline ScatterGunner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2004, 06:39:25 AM »
well said !!!

i especially agree with your comment on change.

sg
there''s room for all of God''s fauna and flora, right on my dinner plate!

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2004, 07:09:43 AM »
Thanks guys.   :D
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2004, 07:56:07 AM »
The cream always rises to the top, even after it gets shaken up a bit. Your a good man lik2hunt....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Nightrain52

• A Real Regular
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2004, 07:29:30 PM »
There is another factor I haven't seen any one mention or bring up. Lawyers and litigation. In todays society no one wants to take responsibility for the dumb and stupid things they do. They always try to blame the manufacturer or someone else for their errors in judgement, especially in the gun industry. Someone has to foot the bill for these frivolous lawsuits and that comes back to you and me, the consumer. It's kinda like Doctors and malpractice insurance, it costs us in the end. Everyone has valid points and this is just my take on the problem. :D
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2004, 01:49:59 AM »
I think it was Ben Franklin that said when asked about founding the country said, "First kill all the lawyers"....<><.... :wink:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline gwhilikerz

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2004, 03:25:15 AM »
LOL MSP ret. I don't think we can kill the lawyers. Didn't they have themselves put on the "Endangered Species" List?

Offline marv

• A Real Regular
Lawyers
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2004, 03:41:07 AM »
Can not kill all the lawyers, they multiply faster than Fire Ants.
 Marv. :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D

Offline Mitch in MI

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
    • http://www.sportsmenforkerryedwards.com/
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2004, 05:32:59 AM »
Quote from: MSP Ret
I think it was Ben Fraklin that said when asked about founding the country said, "First kill all the lawyers"....<><.... :wink:

Actually, it was first said in Shakespeare's "Henry VI" by Dick the Butcher, a follower of anarchist Jack Cade, who sought to overthrow the government.  

There is some disagreement as to whether the lawyers or the anarchists were the objects of Will's dislike here.
http://www.carolinajournal.com/issues/display_story.html?id=962

Offline ScatterGunner

• Contributor
« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2004, 11:26:58 AM »
i believe hitler, stalin, and mussolini enacted similar edicts.

Offline ScatterGunner

• Contributor
« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2004, 08:10:26 AM »
i called NEF today to inquire about a couple new barrels and some other doo-dads. they are on factory shutdown now until july 12th, but are still answering the customer service line.

i asked them about the new $15 barrel fitting charge. the lady said they had a $5 increase in the fitting charge due to normal increases in costs.

according to her, and i asked her again specifically, they ALWAYS had a barrel fitting charge on top of the barrel cost, it was $10 up to a few weeks ago. they also had a $10 shipping charge per barrel. now the shipping charge is fixed at $10 per order, 1 barrel or 10 barrels, it's still $10.

using the old costs, a new barrel would be $10 for and $10 for shipping, $20 for the order, and $40 for 2 barrels. now the costs would be $25 for one barrel and $40 for two barrels. it is the same cost if we order 2 barrels and cheaper now if we order three barrels, under the old costs 3 barrels would be $60 and now would be $55. this is like a walmart ad, the more you spend, the more you save !

where this would pay off is if we grouped orders together for people who are located near each other.

thought i would pass this along.

sg