Author Topic: Squirrels eatting......  (Read 798 times)

Offline HeltonPrecision

• Trade Count: (0)
Squirrels eatting......
« on: July 10, 2004, 05:59:46 PM »
Has anyone ever seen a squirrels eat mushrooms  8)  We have allot in our front yard mom want let me shoot the  :oops:  LoL Anyways i've noticed that more than once them eating mushrooms And I just wonder how does that little guy know which ones are good and which ones are bad ? :wink:

Offline Loader 3009

• Contributor
Squirrels eatting......
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2004, 01:05:42 AM »
You ever heard the term "acting squirrelly"?  Sometimes a squirrel will act really squirrelly.  That means he has found some of the "good ones". :)
Don't believe everything you think.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Squirrels eatting......
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2004, 08:32:24 AM »
Quote from: cknight98
i believe that Mother Nature has a way of telling her own whats good for them and whats not...

Yup, and dealing with those that can't by getting them out of the gene pool! Unfortunetly, their instinct doesn't always work, a good example is the elk herd killed from eating the poison lichen.

http://166.70.44.66/2004/Mar/03232004/utah/150365.asp
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline HeltonPrecision

Squirrels eatting......
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2004, 11:09:18 AM »
Thats allot of ELK  :o

Offline New Hampshire

• A Real Regular
Re: Squirrels eatting......
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2004, 11:09:42 AM »
Quote from: HeltonPrecision
We have allot in our front yard mom want let me shoot the  :oops:  LoL

Know how ya feel.  My mom and sister are the same way.  5 squirrels attacking the bird feeder and they wont lemme make some squirrel stew  :) .  They lucked out.  For a couple of days we had a ground hog getting cozy in the yard.  I was ready to step in and countermand them by dealing with it pellet gun style.  Luckily he went away (think it was because of the neghbors cat who is the cutest thing you ever seen.....lest your an animal her size, then she is Satan with fur  :-D .)
Brian M.
NRA Life Member
Member Londonderry Fish and Game Club
Member North American Fishing Club
Member North American Hunting Club
Member New Hampshire Historical Society
Member International Blackpowder Hunting Association

Offline HeltonPrecision

Squirrels eatting......
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2004, 01:48:00 PM »
Yeah , mom and dad are going to the bech sometime in November I might have to snipe a few of the squirrels off then they'll never notice LoL Ive counted over 10 at one time in the back yard  :lol: If I wasnt for all the people moving in into the area I'd still have a place to shoot "dang neighbors :evil: "

Offline 1911crazy

Squirrels eatting......
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2004, 03:19:13 PM »
My MOM fed the squirrels nuts left over from thanks giving dinner outside because it was so cute and the dam thing ate its way into our house and got into the attic.   It chewed every wire in sight.  The exterminator came with some special nuts and it left.                                                                 BigBill

Offline propredator

• Avid Poster
Squirrels eatting......
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2004, 03:28:42 PM »
Had a person tell me once he was hunting for morel mushrooms an saw a red squirrel go by with a mushroom in its mouth,a little later he saw it scamper back the other way.He followed it and found the squirrels mushroom patch. :)