Author Topic: heck of a deal on a H&R shotgun  (Read 1094 times)

Offline BIGBOREFAN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
heck of a deal on a H&R shotgun
« on: July 24, 2004, 04:30:26 AM »
I just picked up a H&R 10 gauge in pretty decent shape. I don't think it has had more then a dozen shells shot thru it. Have no idea what I'm going to do with it, but I only paid 60.00 for it. :grin: Might have  to actually shot the thing today.

BBF
LETS GO STEELER'S. BIG BEN JUST KEEPS ON TICKEN. STEELER'S IN JACKSONVILLE THIS YEAR!

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2004, 05:08:51 AM »
How old is it ? What barrel length? I've got an idea you could sell it to me for $80.00.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline BIGBOREFAN

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2004, 05:36:12 AM »
Markus the ser. # starts with NB. The barrel is 32 inches.

BBF
LETS GO STEELER'S. BIG BEN JUST KEEPS ON TICKEN. STEELER'S IN JACKSONVILLE THIS YEAR!

Offline BIGBOREFAN

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2004, 05:41:01 AM »
Checked the FAQ on the rifle page and it says N is 1999. Now I don't know if the shotgun ser #'s are the same as the rifles or not.

BBF

Offline VarmintController

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2004, 10:45:25 AM »
what a sweet sounding deal, is it the camo stocked model??? if so you could have sold it to me for $100.  not that i am wanting another 10ga. but for that price i would have bought it too. let us know how it shoots.
The Proud Owner Of AMERICAN Made Guns!

Offline Leftoverdj

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2004, 10:59:21 AM »
One thing you could do with it is to have a 12 gauge Ultra Slug barrel put on it.

I think you are just about to find out why it was shot so little and sold so cheap. That first shot is gonna be a revelation.
It is the duty of the good citizen to love his country and hate his gubmint.

Offline Markus

• Moderators
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2004, 12:41:09 PM »
I've always thought it would be cool to get the 10 ga slug barrel. You never know when a jurasic park type experimet could go wrong and we'd be able to hunt dinosaurs.

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline ScatterGunner

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2004, 02:42:14 PM »
i think leftover could be right. the first time i shot my 12 turkey gun with a 3" turkey load was an enlightening experience !! it was time to fill the stock with lead shot !!! i would like to try the 10 gauge for the fun of it.

sg
there''s room for all of God''s fauna and flora, right on my dinner plate!

Offline BIGBOREFAN

• A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2004, 02:56:11 AM »
I have shot my Uncle's 10 gauge And it was not that bad. They weight a ton and that softens recoil a bunch. He had a shorter barrel on his and this one is 32 inches. It had the camo stock but looks really faded. I'm going to redo the stock and forearm. Guy I bought it off of brought me about 12 shells. I'll shoot it this weekend or one night this week if it quits raining.

BBF

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2004, 03:08:40 AM »
let me get this straight BBF, your planning to shoot all 12 shells the same shooting session? You really are a "BIGBOREFAN"!!!....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline BIGBOREFAN

• A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2004, 03:53:26 AM »
No I think maybe just one. No since shooting more than one while patterning it, because I should only need one while hunting. Yes, I think one will do maybe two. Will see what happens.

BBF

Offline Markus

• Moderators
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2004, 01:11:21 PM »
Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment but I've shot 6 or 7 3 1/2" shells in a day. As long as the gun is shouldered right it only kicks the crap out of you. It's when you try to shot way to the left real fast and you put the butt of the stock on your right bicep that you are truly punished.

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2004, 06:48:35 AM »
Ahhh...You'll be alright...If you can shoot 3 1/2 shells out of a 12GA then you can shoot 3 1/2 shells out of a 10GA...The recoil is actually less in the 10GA.  I have a 10GA that I use for turkey...It isn't the 32" model.  The first shot I took with the 10GA was enlightening to say the least.  I think I only popped off three shots that first session.  I promptly invested in a recoil reducing insert for my stock bolt hole.  It ain't so bad now.  I also purchased the 12GA Ultra Slugger barrel for this monster.  I won't ever sell this combo...I love it too much.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline BIGBOREFAN

• A Real Regular
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2004, 10:11:54 AM »
I might get the Ultra slug barrel for it. Have not made up my mind yet.

BBF