Author Topic: Steiner Predaters ???????  (Read 506 times)

Offline DLH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Steiner Predaters ???????
« on: June 27, 2004, 01:20:01 PM »
I have been thinking that I want a pair of decent compact binos.  I have some good full sized ones for distance,  (10 X 40) , but that is too much for in the deer and bear woods,  ( 8 X ?  ).  I have been looking at Steiner, does anyone have thoughts on them??  and why.  they are about $150.  thats a nice price range.

Thanks
    :?
Live every day like it was your last, cause someday it will be!!!

Offline Naphtali

• Contributor
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2004, 07:53:30 AM »
As machines, Steiner roof prism binoculars are very good. Just don't ask small objective lenses to do the job that large ones do.

For general purpose, binocular whose objective:ocular ratio is 3.75 mm is about a small as you want to go (8 x 30s are 3.75 mm). If compact binocular is to be used "catch as catch can," you'll be fine.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

Offline DEPUTY

• A Real Regular
    • http://MGOUC.COM
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2004, 10:15:57 AM »
i have some stieners, very nice, but i also have swarvoskis as well in the el series and they are nice, but i just added a pair of lecia  8x compacts they were about 900 bones but wow just awesome

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2004, 10:54:57 AM »
I've got a pair of 6x30 Militarys that are nice, clear and light, excellent for  deep woods hunting if you don't need close focusing cuz they won't but the no focus handling shines when hunting heavy cover. Priced right, too.
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline DLH

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2004, 09:03:20 PM »
:D   Thanks Guys!!

While I was down in Alanta, I went tyo the BASS PRO SHOP. and bought a pair of the 8X22s. by Steiner. they look good, we will see the first of Sept. when I go to Maine for bear!!!!

Thanks agian
Live every day like it was your last, cause someday it will be!!!