Author Topic: CX4 Storm  (Read 1262 times)

Offline mnblaster

• Trade Count: (0)
CX4 Storm
« on: September 28, 2004, 03:23:14 AM »
Would a CX4 Storm out-shoot a quality AK at 100 yds with open sights.

Offline DEPUTY

• A Real Regular
    • http://MGOUC.COM
CX4 Storm
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2004, 03:57:55 AM »
I doubt it but not really sure!  remember it is still a pistol caliber. i would bet on the ak i guess. i have shot my marlin camp carbine and my ar in 9mm at 100yds before and wasnt very impressed!

I will tell you what was told to me at my urban rifle class as i sat there proud with my 9mm colt all decked out! (a pistol caliber carbine is not an urban rifle. It is a 7 pound handgun)  Clint smith said holding my car-9mm in front of the class! :)

Offline mnblaster

CX4 Storm
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2004, 04:50:37 AM »
The Clint Smith story is an ego buster! The reason for even asking this question is because someone who owns a Storm made the statement that he can group 4" at 100yds. I have ALOT of trouble believeing it.

Offline DEPUTY

• A Real Regular
    • http://MGOUC.COM
CX4 Storm
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2004, 06:49:29 AM »
not unreasonable! i have shot a 6 inch group with the ar with irons at 100yds so not impossible! simple task go to the range and see him do it! if anything a good excuse to bet some beers after shooting! :D

yah clint did bust my balls on that!

Offline mnblaster

CX4 Storm
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2004, 07:02:02 AM »
Good idea, I have a Poly-tech AKS, maybe he could be talked into a shoot-off for a beer or two.

Offline aimless

CX4 Storm
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2004, 09:45:14 AM »
I haven't shot my storm at 100 yards and only have a red dot on it, at shorter ranges 75-25, personally I can shoot my storm better than my AK, if only because of the cruddy sights on the AK. Not sure what would happen if you put a scope on each one.

Offline Doc TH

Storm
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2004, 06:11:07 PM »
I don't believe pistol-caliber carbines were designed to be 100 yd guns.  For the most part, they were designed to provide more accurate, user-friendly, higher capacity shooting than their equivalent caliber handguns at short ranges.  Most can probably provide moderate accuracy at 100 yds, but we're talking about cartridges that are low-powered compared to long gun calibers.  A 7.62X39 has about 1200 ft-lb energy at 100 yds, and 9 mm has about 250.  So if you're simply talking about punching holes in paper, the Storm might do as well as an AK, but the terminal ballistics aren't comparable.

Offline CornCod

Funny
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2005, 02:05:52 PM »
Funny I should run into this thred. I was at the range today shooting at cans with my 9mm Hi-Point Carbine and my Poly-Tech AK-47S. I don't know if it was the lack of recoil, but at ten yards the cheapo 9mm carbine was superior to its Chinese buddy.