Author Topic: Jacket sources  (Read 964 times)

Offline hunter280man

• Trade Count: (0)
Jacket sources
« on: August 01, 2004, 03:59:38 PM »
I'm looking to get into half and 3/4 jackets for the .44 and .45 cal.    

Anyone here have a good source at a reasonable price?    I'm not looking at big numbers here....perhaps 400 to 500 or so to get things started.
The older I get the better I was!

Offline talon

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • A Real Regular
Jacket sources
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 04:23:11 PM »
hunter280man, you have a PM.
   Too, there's always The Corbin brothers, or Butch Hairfield (Duram Bullet Company). I think the going rate for the standard .012-.014 walled jacket is from 4 to 4.25 cents each plus postage, and sometimes a 4 month wait.  If you are thinking about thicker, tube, jackets they are much more costly, but Butch could make some .020 or .040 walled ones for you at about a nickle each (or so). You'd need a CS punch to handle them of course... and maybe a  CSW die to make a smaller diameter core, too.8)

Offline Donna

• Contributor
    • http://www.aeroballisticsonline.com
Jacket sources
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 12:27:18 PM »
I could supply you with 1000 jackets at a time for around 4 to 5 cents a piece, but you would need a jacket trim die to trim the jackets to length. I get my supply from Star Ammunition. I hear that they only sell to FFLÂ’s now, so that avenue is closed to most new people looking for lead wire and jackets. I use their jackets for my .45 in both ACP and LC. They are fine jackets and all they make is pistol jackets, of course in terms of jackets that is. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Donna
"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God. James 1:19-20

Offline Rick Teal

• A Real Regular
Jacket sources
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2004, 03:47:21 PM »
I believe that Corbin's sells jackets for handgun bullets, but I think their price is somewhere in rhe 7-9 cent range.
Hunting is Exciting!  Bolt actions are BORING!!
Don't mix the two!

Offline hunter280man

Jacket sources
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2004, 04:09:11 PM »
Thanks guys....and gals.   I've been dealing with star ammo now for some time.  

Donna,  I have my FFL now so that won't be a problem.      

I'm kinda undecided as to weather I should try messing with them.   My lineup hase been working quite well as is.   I was just thinking of possibly crossing the lines into the handgunners I guess.
The older I get the better I was!

Offline GREYGHOSTt

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Jacket sources
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2004, 05:35:05 AM »
ch-4d also has pistol jackets :D
third eye blinds the other two.