« on: July 19, 2004, 04:25:34 PM »
Did everyone go?
Flint, SASS 976, NRA Life

Offline filmokentucky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Where?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 05:07:49 PM »
Been wondering the same thing. 'Tho I was reasonably sure where I was. Busy bidding on a second model Colt's Dragoon. Second generation.
Got it, too. Going to pick it up tomorrow--I even  have a holster around here somewhere that ought to fit it.
N.M.L.R.A. Member
T.M.A. Member
N.R.A. Endowment Life Member

Offline howdy doody

• Contributor
Where?
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2004, 05:20:18 PM »
I have been lurking around and this past week I got to try out my new nickle plated Kirst converters in my 5 1/2 stainless ROAs. What a blast, literally.
I am still waiting on my PRS mold, so I used some 200gr rnfp bullets I cast up out of wheel weights. I loaded up a 100 of them and the loads were a bit much for CAS, but I had very few misses and there was no mistake about my hitting the steel either  :lol:  Since this was my intiial venture into conversions, I wanted to see how they would do. I was pleasantly surprised. First of all I am glad I went with the Kirsts. I like the quality workmanship of them, plus the ease of loading with the notch for the hand is great. The single rebounding firing pin and the ruger style cylinder pin bushing is perfect for a BP shooter. I went six stages and never even wiped them. I had put some bore butter on the cylinder pins before the shoot, but did no additional lubing at all. They ran free and easy all match and then some. I let a pard try them after the match and I couldn't be happier. I have filed front sights on the ROAs and with the too stiff load of APP I was running I had to hold at near 6 o'clock. Next time out I will have to try some kind of breakfast food or wads. I am really just laying back and waiting on my PRS mold to get here so I can try the new Goex cowboy powder.
Other than that Flint ol' pard, I am having a new house built in Bakersfield and soon I will be smoking up the ranges in your neck of the woods with my assortment of BP flame throwers. House should be done sometime after 5 Dogs I figure. SoCal look out, fair warning.  :lol:
yer pard,
Howdy Doody

Darksider from Doodyville USA

Offline filmokentucky

• A Real Regular
Where?
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2004, 05:48:32 PM »
I've had a Kirst Konverter for about a year now. The quality holds up. I got the ported one for a Remington. And Walt Kirst is a true gentleman and a credit to the sport.
N.M.L.R.A. Member
T.M.A. Member
N.R.A. Endowment Life Member

Offline RDavidP

Where?
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2004, 01:34:01 AM »
Actually Flint, another person has arrived.  I am new here and new to cap and ball revolvers.  I have mostly shot a Browning A-Bolt 7mm Rem. Mag, but recently purchased a Marlin 336C 30-30, and a Traditions 1851 Colt Navy Revolver from Bass Pro Shops.  I have shot the 1851 only one day so far, but I hope I can shot it again today.

David

Offline Flint

Where
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2004, 05:27:40 AM »
Knew you were out there...  Howdy, Howdy, be good to see you down here.  Guess I'll have to load real BP now to stay legitimate......

Welcome RDavidP.
Flint, SASS 976, NRA Life

Offline MOGorilla

• Avid Poster
Where?
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2004, 07:06:10 AM »
I have been lurking but not posting.   Have the weekend to myself next weekend and plan on a cowboy theme to it, don't know how far I will take it, but I will post the results next monday.

Offline Sundown Holly

Where?
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2004, 06:35:41 PM »
Hello Flint. I've still been posting on Graybeards but most of it has been in the Backpacking, Civil War, or Peacemaker sections. I really  should get back to here though as  black powder in general and percussion in particular is my first love.  It was through another black powder site that I first came upon this one.   Time to dust off the ole Navy Colt and go burn some powder! Peace and blessings.

Gun control is being able to hit yer target!