Author Topic: Gun Tests- 416 Rigbys. Dakota, CZ, Ruger # 1  (Read 620 times)

Offline oso45-70

• Trade Count: (0)
Gun Tests- 416 Rigbys. Dakota, CZ, Ruger # 1
« on: July 26, 2004, 04:29:57 PM »
Gun Tests,
Dakotas fine 76 African steals all the cake from CZs 550 American and Rugers no. 1- But at a hefty Price. The dakota go's for $ 5,795 Man thats a lot of Green. The American Safari CZ 550 go's for $ 833 and thats not bad. The Ruger #1 Tropical Go's for $ 920. The article states that the Ruger will kill you to shoot it. It has a thin rubber pad that shows no mercy at all. If you guys get a chance to read this article you will be surprised. Not good press for Ruger. Have a good day........Joe.........
LIFE NRA BENEFACTOR
LEAA LIFE MEMBER
GOA MEMBER
CCKBA MEMBER
AF & AM
NAHC LIFE
NMSSA MEMBER
ATA MEMBER

Profanity is the crutch of a crippled brain

Offline Don McCullough

Re: Gun Tests- 416 Rigbys. Dakota, CZ, Ruger # 1
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2004, 06:01:05 PM »
Joe,

I have a Ruger 10/22 in magnum that jams on me.  "Stovepipes."  Sent it to Ruger for, supposedly, improved extractor--and it still jams after about 40 shots.  Wasted several boxes of ammo trying to find what it would shoot reliably.  Ruger makes guns I don't like and guns I like a lot but I wish I didn't have the one I have and decided I'm done with Ruger.

In the article you quote they also mentioned a John Rigby 416 which sells for over 20,000.  Guess the Dakota is a steal!

Don McCullough

Quote from: oso45-70
Gun Tests,
Dakotas fine 76 African steals all the cake from CZs 550 American and Rugers no. 1- But at a hefty Price. The dakota go's for $ 5,795 Man thats a lot of Green. The American Safari CZ 550 go's for $ 833 and thats not bad. The Ruger #1 Tropical Go's for $ 920. The article states that the Ruger will kill you to shoot it. It has a thin rubber pad that shows no mercy at all. If you guys get a chance to read this article you will be surprised. Not good press for Ruger. Have a good day........Joe.........

Offline oso45-70

Hunting and shooting general discussion
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2004, 06:48:03 AM »
Don,
I guess it's all a matter of perception. To me 5.795 is a lot of money. But on the other hand what is a life worth ? I guess if i had the money to go to Africa to hunt DG it would be worth every penny.
Sorry about your 10-22 i know how frustrating some thing like that can be.
Have a good day and stay safe............Joe...........
LIFE NRA BENEFACTOR
LEAA LIFE MEMBER
GOA MEMBER
CCKBA MEMBER
AF & AM
NAHC LIFE
NMSSA MEMBER
ATA MEMBER

Profanity is the crutch of a crippled brain

Offline Don McCullough

Re: Hunting and shooting general discussion
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2004, 05:29:53 PM »
Joe,

Believe me, that's a lot of money for me too.  I was just kidding.

I'd be completely satisfied with a regular Mod. 70 Winchester with their "controlled feed" for dangerous game.  6-800 bucks.  Wish it had a safety likes on the Remington 700.  3 position safety cumbersome to me.

Don

Quote from: oso45-70
Don,
I guess it's all a matter of perception. To me 5.795 is a lot of money. But on the other hand what is a life worth ? I guess if i had the money to go to Africa to hunt DG it would be worth every penny.
Sorry about your 10-22 i know how frustrating some thing like that can be.
Have a good day and stay safe............Joe...........