Author Topic: Lik2hunt's 2506 still bloodless  (Read 454 times)

Offline Ditchdigger

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (12)
Lik2hunt's 2506 still bloodless
« on: August 15, 2004, 05:33:25 PM »
We went hog hunting today, and Lik2hunt had 2 to get by him. They didn't get by his friend though. He was shooting a Handi 243 and nailed one.
So please don't give him a hard time about it. ( Yeh like thats going to happen)  He is getting closer though because he did get to see them. Going again tues. so maybe he will finally get one.  Digger
Rest in Peace Old Friend July 2017

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 02:06:43 AM »
Was sitting there and listened to them come out of the creek back (waller), heard 'em come across the hundred or so yards of timber bottom and watched two slip out of the woods and into the jonson grass. That was all I ever saw 'em though. They came from my right and I could hear 'em grunting and everything, I even stood up and still couldn't see 'em. My friend was about 40 yds. to my left and they came out in front of him and B-OOOOM! He got one. We hunted for him about 30 minutes I guess, huh Digger, and could'nt find any blood or dead meat anywhere. Was too dark so we had to give up. He's bait for the others now I guess.
Tue. night I get another chance. I think I'll cut some pears open and rub 'em all over me this time and maybe I can get one to come sit in my lap! :)
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 02:47:46 AM »
lik2hunt, better to not get  or take a shot with your 25-06 than to shoot with a .243 and lose him!!! You did great!!!    One shot - One kill, that the way it should be done.... take it only if it's going to be a killing shot, that's the way to hunt! Atta-Boy!!!! You are a true hunter, the spots still open at camp for you!!!....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2004, 11:46:00 AM »
Thanks MSP - That wasn't much of a raz though.  :wink:  :D  I believe he got a good enough shot with the .243, but it was too close to dark and no moon made it hard to find a trail. The place we are hunting has HIGH grass and then thick woods just off from that so if they don't drop when ya hit 'em and if they don't run toward ya after ya hit 'em then they turn into coyote food I'm afraid. I plan on going for a neck or head shot with the '06 and the 117 gr. spitzers, oughta drop him in his tracks.
Oh well thanks for the support and I'm still talking and scheming on that trip to Maine for moose, coyote, and monster whitetails.
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org