Author Topic: Box/Tower Deer Stand Plans/Drawings  (Read 1980 times)

Offline smoky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
    • http://www.cattletoday.com/sscc
Box/Tower Deer Stand Plans/Drawings
« on: July 28, 2004, 10:13:45 AM »
Anyone out there know where I can get some free or inexpensive plans to construct a shooting house type blind?  I could probably figure it out on my own, but a set of plans would make life simple and perhaps even save me some money.

My three year old daugther is ready to go "huntin with daddy" and I need a place that we can sit together safe and dry.

Any help is much appreciated.

Smoky
Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

Offline stevinator

• Avid Poster
blind plans
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 05:27:11 PM »
You can type in deer blind plans on yahoo and come up with some. After I did that I found some other sites and just ended up buying one. It depends on what you want to do.Here are a couple good ideas for ready made.  www.outdoorsforless.com      www.scentite.com    I purchased a blind from outdoors for less called the blynd. If you check prices on them and call or e-mail them they will match or beat a competitor. Could be the same on their texas hunter blinds also. I just thought time I built one with all the features of these I would have lots of time and money in them. And it would not be as easily portable. Good Luck

Offline crawfish

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2004, 10:24:09 PM »
I have 8 shooting houses on my farm. Since I can’t climb stairs or trees they are all on the ground. Many times I end up spending the night in the house I’m hunting that evening so they contain the things I need to do that. I don’t have plans for them they are built of 2X4 framing the same way you would do an addition on your house. Don’t know what your budget is but for a ground unit I’d look at an unfinished Handi house. They come in all sizes from 6x6 on up to 16X16. You can then finish the inside the way you want. I have a bunk in all my houses, also a propane heater and a chemical toilet. The windows all have a padded shooting rest so you don’t have to lay your rifle on the window frame. All the houses were built on skids so they can be moved to different locations on the farm. Even though they can be skidded anywhere I want them I wouldn’t consider them as portable. If you are looking for something that you can put up and take down by yourself look at those lightweight black composite units on the tubular frames. You can get them as high as 15 feet off the ground. Things you really have to consider with a small child, a place to ”not hunt” in the stand, some place she can color or read out of your way. A place to sleep also out of the way and the stand has to be WARM. CAUTION you can kill yourself in a poorly ventilated stand if you try to heat with charcoal or a catalytic heater that isn’t working correctly.
Love those .41s'

Offline crazyjjk

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2004, 03:13:47 AM »
Crawfish, I want to come hunting with you. I'll  bring the portable TV. :-D  :-D