Author Topic: Thanks Ed Chabot!!! Your a gem!!!  (Read 488 times)

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Thanks Ed Chabot!!! Your a gem!!!
« on: August 02, 2004, 02:10:34 PM »
Well I finally got fed up with the H&R website showing an error code instead of pictures and stats of thier firearms. I have sent e-mails to H&R, no results. Today I called Marlin and left a voice mail for a familiar name to we old timers, Ed Chabot. The site is working again!!! Thanks ED!!! When you access the H&R site you can once again see a picture of the guns and the information of each gun...finally after almost a month of being down...
Now a question for any out there who have a Tamer in .410 and a round of 45-70 ammo. Please try the 45-70 round in the buttstock of the .410 Tamer to to if the round will fit (it should) and if it is held securely. My Plan is to order a Tamer, use the buttstock and forearm on my 45-70 for a "carry" gun with 4 extra rounds of 45-70 ammo secured in the buttstock and refit the Tamer with a straight laminated buttstock and forearm I already have. I also have an addittional 20 gauge nickeld barrel for it along with a blued 20 gauge dedicated slug barrel. I need to know if the 45-70 rounds fit in the Tamer .410 buttstock and are held securely...Thanks....<><.... :grin: (P.S. - I know I have asked this once before but have not received an answer...)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline MTNMAN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Thanks Ed Chabot!!! Your a gem!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2004, 12:56:35 AM »
Thanks MSP,
I had Emailed Ed a couple of times about the exact same problem....Guess maybe he changed his addy after, the  H&R Talk section closed.  Thanks Again, MTNMAN :grin:
Patience comes with age & you can't teach common sense

Jeff Gannon who was known to his many friends here as Mtnman passed away the other day. 09-27-05