Author Topic: 20 gauge H&R Youth Model Topper Jr  (Read 1431 times)

Offline Mrserenity

• Trade Count: (0)
20 gauge H&R Youth Model Topper Jr
« on: August 15, 2004, 10:37:23 PM »
Hi, I have a 20 gauge single shot H&R youth model Topper Jr. with a 22 inch barrel.  I want to take it to do some "Skeet & Trap" shooting. However, the shortest barrel allowed is 23 inches.  Can I buy a longer barrel (24 - 26 inches) for the H&R Topper Jr.?  Will the longer barrel from an adult size H&R or New England shotgun fit?  Is it best to order from a firearm dealer or is their a site dedicated to H&R and New England Firearms? The model number is 098  Thanks.

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 01:54:18 AM »
You can go to the website at www.hr1871.com and find all the info you need to know there. You can call the Customer Service Line at 978-632-9393. They are very helpful and will tell you what to tell them to allow them to give you all the info on your gun. I do know that the regular adult barrel will fit your gun in any of the calibers available, but it may be a little awkward to handle with the shorter stock. The buttstock of the youth models are the only thing different from the standard Pardners and the buttstock can be changed out with the full sized also. I think they are $22 plus S&H. I just added two barrels to mine that are older Topper barrels and they fit and shoot fine. H&R will not recommend it but it can be done. Spend some time here at the H&R/NEF forums reading and I can assure you that you will learn a lot about and have your questions answered about these guns.
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline PA-Joe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 02:13:05 AM »
Check with the range master. The 23" is for formal shooting not training a youth. The Range master should allow the shorter barrel for youth training.