Author Topic: LYman 450 revisited  (Read 796 times)

Offline Cheyenne Ranger

• Trade Count: (0)
LYman 450 revisited
« on: January 19, 2003, 04:42:08 PM »
Had my second 450 blow the bottom gasket.  I'm using Thompson's Blue Angle and the Midway heater.  Sent the 450 body back to them and just got a new 4500 body to replace the old one.  This is the gray one that sort of looks like it's splatter painted.  No bottom gasket to blow.  
Lyman is sure treating their customers right. :lol:
SASS 48747L
RO II
Thunder River Renegades
SBSS #1170--OGB

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
LYman 450 revisited
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2003, 02:21:03 AM »
That's really good to hear but is  MAJOR change in policy from Lyman.

In the past Customer Service has been a phrase with no meaning at Lyman. I had the same thing happen to mine three times. Each and every time I had to fork over money from my pocket to pay for the parts and install myself. I gave it away and bought an RCBS. It has neveer failed me a single time.

I've had a few other occasions over the years all long ago to ask Lyman for customer service on products bought from them and in each instance all I got was if you want it you pay for it.

So I'm sure glad to hear they are coming around and making changes for the better. I hope it is a trend they continue.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Cheyenne Ranger

• Trade Count: (0)
LYman 450 revisited
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2003, 07:07:26 AM »
Glad to hear I was on the good side of their change in customer service.  They did the same thing about 6-9 months ago on my other 450.  I sprung for the new ball handles and think I'm real close to having a true 4500 machine rather than a 450 with 4500 parts.  Not that I care, I just want something that works.
SASS 48747L
RO II
Thunder River Renegades
SBSS #1170--OGB