Author Topic: Le Mat Revolver  (Read 567 times)

Offline Beekeeper

• Trade Count: (0)
Le Mat Revolver
« on: July 31, 2004, 04:48:17 AM »
Hi,

I've got a dumb question for you guys.  I got a Cavalry Model Le Mat Revolver, and want to break it down for cleaning.  I am assuming that 'lever' will release the barrel, but I'm not sure.  Figured I better ask before I did something I shouldn't.

Thanks,
Zach

Offline mec

• Avid Poster
Le Mat Revolver
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 09:31:30 AM »
The little lever at the bottom front of the fame pulls straight down. Then the barrel and loading lever will unscrew and you can lift the cylinder out. The central arbor/shotgun barrel will also unscrew.  

The hammer screw runs through the frame and there is a nut on the other side holding the side plate on.  In order to remove that you will have to modify a very good screwdrive blade into a split spanner.  You will also need a larger blade ground thin to fit the hammer screw.   The yardbirds who make this pistol put the screws in under about 80 pounds of torque, so a good portion of luck is also necessary.
Guns are like the vote. They work best when everybody has one
Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline mec

• Avid Poster
and...
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 10:10:06 AM »
This might be useful
Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline Beekeeper

Le Mat Revolver
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2004, 06:19:31 PM »
Thanks ALOT fellas.
Zach :grin:

Offline mec

• Avid Poster
Parts obtained through VTI Gunparts
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2004, 10:28:19 AM »
In the past, it has been just about impossible to get spare parts for these revolvers. The company has either declined to respond to orders or has demanded very large shipping fees. I kept an order in place through Navy Arms for over a year with no parts forthcoming

In early June VTI GunParts agreed to place an order direct to the Italian company for a supply of the more fragile looking lock work and weight bearing screws.  On August 13, the order arrived and was just as requested.  

Shipping cost were at  reasonable domestic rates
Oliver Wendell Holmes