Author Topic: Biggest deer seen this year ....  (Read 545 times)

Offline THE#1hunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Biggest deer seen this year ....
« on: August 11, 2004, 03:09:42 AM »
What is the biggest buck(whitetail) you have seen this year while scouting? For me it has only been a fork , I havent been out that much though :roll:  :oops:
Good Luck, Be Safe, and God Bless  :D

Ephesians 2:8
--For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of god--

Offline Lawdog

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 01:13:26 PM »
Haven't seen any Whitetails at all, except for the 10 and 8 pointers that are hanging on my wall.  But I have a beautiful 5x5 Mulie spotted but I had him spotted last year and never saw him during the season.  Lawdog
 :D
Gary aka Lawdog is now deceased. He passed away on Jan. 12, 2006. RIP Lawdog. We miss you.

Offline JPSaxMan

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 02:49:01 PM »
Same here. I haven't seen any deer except my 8 pointer above the TV  :lol: Seen plenty of tracks but they could be doe! And I scout, but I can't hunt. Yea, the land owner won't let me hunt deer. Everything else but. Oh well. C'est la ve.
JP

Attorney: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in
his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?

Doctor: Did you actually pass the bar exam?

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Offline Lawdog

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 07:37:27 AM »
Fishman029,

And I scout, but I can't hunt. Yea, the land owner won't let me hunt deer. Everything else but.

Sounds to me like you need to be scouting a new area.  Lawdog
 :D
Gary aka Lawdog is now deceased. He passed away on Jan. 12, 2006. RIP Lawdog. We miss you.

Offline Rmouleart

• Contributor
  • Aim small hit small.
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 07:54:52 AM »
I spotted two good shooters near my house, one ran out onto the on coming traffic, with me heading right at the buck at 45 MpH, I knew there was no way to avoid the buck other than punch it to get around him, and thats what I did, lucky the fuel injection worked LOL. He just barely bumped of my right rear bumper, ran across the street and up the hill with no problems, might develop a good bone bruise;)found some deer hair on the edge of the rubber bumper, then the next day right before I tern to my street across from the farm a nice buck in valet standing there looking right at me on the crest of the farm field, I slowed to admire this big buck, he stared back for ten seconds then put his head down and ran back onto the farm. Both of the bucks where good shooters, those two days were very active. It was a wakeup call to stay alert, deer are always getting slammed were I drive to work, they just pop out of the tree line and run out across the street, no they don't look both ways ;) Drive careful all, you want to shoot one, not get one with your vehicle LOL. Aim small hit small. RAMbo.

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2004, 09:14:04 AM »
I have been watching a nice 10 point and a nine point with two 6 points and 2 spikes. I hope when I get back from Alaska that he is still around, I will miss opening day for bow season and it will be  9 days into the bow season when I return.  :cry:
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline JPSaxMan

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2004, 09:56:53 AM »
Well, Lawdog, at the moment the only land I'm hunting on is a friend's and he's doin all the scouting. I might be getting permission from the landowner next to me who owns some woods and a field. I hope it works out  :grin:
JP

Attorney: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in
his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?

Doctor: Did you actually pass the bar exam?

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Offline DeerMeadowFarm

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2004, 01:31:46 AM »
I've been seeing deer every day for the past three weeks on our farm. There is a doe with triplets and another with two lambs, two other does with no young ones and a small buck. This past winter/spring we filmed a monster buck, he had dropped his rack but he was old and gray and huge. We haven't seen him around for months so I hope he made it...
"Aim small, miss small"

Offline grouper sandwich

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
    • http://members.fishingworks.com/groupersandwich/
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2004, 03:11:03 PM »
Got a picture of this one near my stand.  YOu ahve to look hard, but he's good the goods on top. :wink: