Poll

Good decision??

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 19, 2004, 04:34:26 PM

Author Topic: Thanx for the Help, just a little FYI......  (Read 410 times)

Offline goose7856

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Thanx for the Help, just a little FYI......
« on: August 19, 2004, 04:34:26 PM »
Thanx for all the responses I have gotten concerning my bullet selection. I want to squeeze every last FPS out of the gun, and I am going to shoot the Hornady Light Magnum Interbonds in either 150 grain or 165 grain. I was just comparing the ballistics info (provided by Hornady since I do not have a chrony, its the best I can do) and there really isnt that much of a difference b/t the 165 and 150, the 165 has a lil more "kick" (FOOT POUNDS ENERGY), but really doesn't have much more drop than the 150 grains. And I think I will shoot the 165 also, because at that high velocity, it should be able to hold up better than the 150s when hitting bone. I haven't mounted my new scope either, b/c the gun shop didnt have any Burris rings remaining. I should be able to go out and sight in my gun in the next week or two, it just depends, but I will respond as soon as I do. But i just wanted to say how much help this forum has been to me, and that I greatly appreciate all of your opinions. And I do realize that if these Hornady's dont shoot well, I will find another bullet ( thats one thing this forum taught me). I am thinking about the Winchester Supreme Accubond CT in 180 grain (kinda big for deer, but its the only size AccuBond Nosler makes).......thanx again, and if ne1 has some last comments before I buy the ammo and sight in it would be appreciated..........thanx for the HELP!!!!!! (SRY THIS IS SO LONG)
Good Hunting and Straight Shooting

Offline BowhunterNJ

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2004, 03:21:25 AM »
Sounds like a plan, get out there and start shooting! ;)

A few things...
 - You have to find what your gun likes, not just what you like.
 - Why so deadset on Burris rings, vs Leupolds?
 - You seem set on the Accubond, good starting point but don't force yourself into only that bullet.

Interestingly, I plan on trying out the Accubond as well if I can find them at Cabela's in PA this weekend.

We shall see, their bullet selection didn't blow my socks off last time I was there, hopefully they have more out now.

Offline High Brass

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2004, 06:12:43 AM »
I'm sure that I speak for alot of folks here when I say "you're welcome" and that this is one of the reasons of the forum.   Young, old, 50 years of hunting or 5 days, none of us know it all and this is one of the ways we learn.  I think that you made a good choice in your ammo selection(so does alot of people apparently) and if it shoots well in your rifle, then the deer are in the hurt locker.  Good luck, keep us up to date.

Offline Lawdog

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2004, 11:59:38 AM »
goose7856,

I like your choices including your choice for rings - Burris.  I too like Burris optics and their ring/bases.  Keep us informed on how they work for you.  One more thing is don't get tied up in data tables.  They are only another tool to use and not live by.  Small groups and tight lines to you.  Lawdog :D
Gary aka Lawdog is now deceased. He passed away on Jan. 12, 2006. RIP Lawdog. We miss you.