Author Topic: Goin' on a trip from New Mexico to Vancouver Island BC:jeep:  (Read 535 times)

Offline tallyho

• Trade Count: (52)
  • DECEASED 6/6/2013
Goin' on a trip from New Mexico to Vancouver Island BC:jeep:
« on: August 10, 2004, 07:19:37 AM »
Leaving Albuquerque on Aug 23, travelling via Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Wash. Then up the Okanagan valley into BC to Kelowna & Kamloops to Vancouver and the Island. Returning early Sept.

Expect to be in Vancouver Aug 28/29. On the Island 29th. Hang around the Island for a day or two then head back south.

Return route probably different than outbound. Maybe via Wash/Oregon then turn left in California into Nevada or Arizona... but likely not... don't really fancy California much :noway: even to just pass through.

More likely Wash state to Idaho, Utah, through the 4 corners and back into NM. :cb2:

Anybody along my route interested in connecting? :toast:

Cheers
Kerry :cb2:
DECEASED 6/6/2013

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
Goin' on a trip from New Mexico to Vancouve
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2004, 08:41:21 AM »
Have a safe trip...and enjoy yourself...it should be a nice work-out for your Jeep :D

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline Ditchdigger

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (12)
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 10:42:32 AM »
Hey Talleyho, run up Sandia Crest before you leave and check the deer herd out . Do they still allow bowhunting up there? My hunting spot in the Linclon forest near Carlsbad is still kinda thin with deer. Digger in Okla.
Rest in Peace Old Friend July 2017

Offline tallyho

• DECEASED 6/6/2013
Don't actually have a jeep.. have a Suzuki Stationwagon...
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004, 11:59:58 AM »
:oops:

I picked the :jeep: emoticon 'cause it is the same color as my Suzuki... And at today's gas prices, I don't think I'd be able to afford the trip in a jeep anyway! But thanks for the good wishes Mac.

Digger, there's only draw license hunting up there according to the latest rules. I haven't been up there hunting, and probably won't this year. I have been invited to go turkey hunting (shotgun) in mid-Sept so I wanna be back for that!

Grew up in Canada and never hunted turkeysm but always wanted to from reading articles in Outdoor Life and other magazines... I'm lookin' forward to it.

Guess I'll have to find myself a shotgun though.. I've been told the bigger the better for turkeys!  :biggun:

Cheers
Kerry
DECEASED 6/6/2013

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2004, 12:29:08 AM »
hey kerry is ohio right on yur way??? ill buy lunch if u stop by , might even put u up for a night , if u bring gifts hahahahaha sounds like a fun trip , vegas??????

Offline tallyho

• DECEASED 6/6/2013
My map must be busted - doesn't show Ohio on the way...
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2004, 08:35:47 PM »
I'd love to come visit ya Shaner, and play some gun games, but it ain't gonna happen this trip..

I'll keep ya in mind though next time I'm wandering in your direction...

Talk to you soon about the 30/30

Cheers
Kerry
DECEASED 6/6/2013