Author Topic: John Shalikashvili Vis-a-Vis Kerry.......  (Read 572 times)

Offline tubbythetuba

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
John Shalikashvili Vis-a-Vis Kerry.......
« on: August 22, 2004, 04:22:21 PM »
Ya know how ya get that one, little nagging doubt about stuff? Well, this is it. I never served under a better Division Commander than Shali. A truly gifted leader and wonderful person. He worked his way up the chain of command from E1 to Chairman JCS. Never lost his sense that the "grunts" were the most important part of the machine. Always came over to the troops and BSed after a ceremony. Known to show up at the barracks  dayroom with a case of beer and visit for an hour. Need I say more?.....I gotta wonder what this fine person sees in Kerry to make him stump for him at the convention :?  :shock:  :?  :shock:  :?  :shock:
That Sound You Hear In The Woods While Hunting  Is Deer Laughing

Offline FWiedner

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2004, 04:58:41 PM »
Tubby, I don't think that Gen. Shalikashvili got to be Chairman of the JCS by being a dummy.

He, like all military people at that level, is a politician.

He ingratiates himself with the troops to encourage them to serve him well.  Not necessarliy a bad thing.  Men are more likely to go the extra yard for a boss they look up to.

As to his support for John Kerry, Kerry does not support Bush's planned troop reduction in Europe.  Shalikashvili is a Pole by birth, and if I am not mistaken, a former Supreme Commander of NATO.

He doesn't want to see his former "empire" diminished, so he's buttering his bread on the side that he thinks will taste best.
They may talk of a "New Order" in the  world, but what they have in mind is only a revival of the oldest and worst tyranny.   No liberty, no religion, no hope.   It is an unholy alliance of power and pelf to dominate and to enslave the human race.

Offline dawei

• Contributor
    • My Brothers Rest Here
Re: John Shalikashvili Vis-a-Vis Kerry.......
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2004, 03:36:02 AM »
Quote from: tubbythetuba
Ya know how ya get that one, little nagging doubt about stuff? Well, this is it. I never served under a better Division Commander than Shali. A truly gifted leader and wonderful person. He worked his way up the chain of command from E1 to Chairman JCS. Never lost his sense that the "grunts" were the most important part of the machine. Always came over to the troops and BSed after a ceremony. Known to show up at the barracks  dayroom with a case of beer and visit for an hour. Need I say more?.....I gotta wonder what this fine person sees in Kerry to make him stump for him at the convention :?  :shock:  :?  :shock:  :?  :shock:

Tub: I served on his staff; (ACofS G4), when he was 9th ID CG. Of my 21+ years of active duty; 15+ in Divisions, HE WAS THE ABSOLUTE BEST! Contrary to what FWiedner said General Shalikashvili is no politician! He surely is not trying to get his bread buttered. He was and is ; A WARRIOR! About the only thing Slick Willie ever did right in his eight years as CIC was to make Shali the Chairman of the JCS. He (Shali) is all for using the Military in Peace Keeping Missions like Bosnia. Purpose? So they won't have to be used so much in war.

My only fault in his thinking lie in his politics also. He wants us to have more & stronger allies. If anyone has earned the right to express himself on the national level it is he. BTW my sources @ MAMC tell me he continues to improve; albiet, slowly.

Offline tubbythetuba

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2004, 03:56:53 AM »
Thanks, Dave!  I hold a good thought for him every day and hope he comes out of his illness without lingering after effects.  I guess you and I were on the same Parade Field more than once. I would have been in the front rank of the band with a baratone or trombone.  Seeing where you are, have you found Dirty Dave's pizza parlor yet?..... yet another reason tubby is so tubby :lol:

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2004, 05:51:48 AM »
Not sure how any military personnel past or present could back Kerry considering his past as a War Protester or his voting against military funding!  :x  :x  :x
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2004, 09:21:38 AM »
Quote from: jh45gun
Not sure how any military personnel past or present could back Kerry considering his past as a War Protester or his voting against military funding!  :x  :x  :x
Dali Llama say he concur with jh45gun. :D
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline tubbythetuba

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2004, 02:11:27 PM »

Does not give me pause as to whom I'm voting for, but like I said, I wonder how a good military man could come to this. Anyone who served with the man would have walked on hot coals for him!!

Offline dawei

• Contributor
    • My Brothers Rest Here
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2004, 02:59:28 AM »
Quote from: tubbythetuba

Does not give me pause as to whom I'm voting for, but like I said, I wonder how a good military man could come to this. Anyone who served with the man would have walked on hot coals for him!!

I have to agree with you 1000%! Whoever is elected I'd like to see Shali be the next SecDef. BTW Tubby; me, A CW3, on a Parade Field, yeah right, in your wildest dreams! ROTFLMAO!  :-D  :-D  :-D

Offline tubbythetuba

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2004, 03:13:10 AM »
What was I thinking :roll: S-4 on the Parade Field? I spent enough time out there to name and recognize the different blades of grass :P