Author Topic: Anti-Abortion Ads Will Be Illegal  (Read 592 times)

Offline BamBams

• Trade Count: (0)
Anti-Abortion Ads Will Be Illegal
« on: August 11, 2004, 06:32:31 PM »
WHAT FIRST AMENDMENT?????????????????

You can thank John McCain!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,128745,00.html
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 02:39:19 AM »
BamBams - I agree.  I think McCain/Feingold has done more to rupture our Constitutional Rights than any gun control amendment ever has.  I just don't understand how that could have passed, but it did.  At least there are ways around it and one way I believe is to support the NRA's efforts to create its own media branch.  Whether one supports the NRA or prefers the GOA or other organizations isn't the issue, it's whether gun owners can get a fair voice in supporting their candidate of choice.

Years ago there was a Frank Sinatra movie entitled 'The Manchurian Candidate'.  It has been re-made starring Denzel Washington, but the focus is the same.  I think that's what may have happened to McCain, to be perfectly cruel, but I also think a cog slipped somewhere and he made his move to undermine our freedoms before he got close enough to the power source to hurts us worse than he already has.  

What I just don't understand is how people can mistake the structure of the Constitution and the importance of the 2nd Amendment.  Of course, there is still a lot I don't undertand but will continue to rail against what I perceive to be injustice.  Thank Goodness my 2nd Amendment rights continue to support my First Amendment rights to disagree.  Just my 2 cents worth.  Mikey.

Offline Nightrain52

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 04:17:20 AM »
We are going to have to start asking ourselves do we want to keep the constitution as it is or let some namby pamby polititions tear it apart and replace it with their own agenda. We only have two choices, vote, and revolt. We must start scrutinizing polititions more closely and get off our duffs and communicate our wishes to our senators and congressmen. :D
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 05:12:47 AM »
You think you guys are MAD :x  :evil:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :evil:  :x I live in WI I have to put up with Feingold and Kohl both 2 peas in a pod! I have never sent them a letter on a subject that they backed! They are both anti gun liberal pukes. I got so mad on the gun issue I sent them both a letter saying ok since you guys are Jewish and support gun control in the US and want to take away my gun rights do you support taking away all the guns from the citizens of Israel also :lol:  :lol:  :lol: Needless to say I did not get a answer on that one!  :roll:
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 05:44:04 AM »
What you guys aren't taking into account on this bill...is the reality of stopping ALL soft money getting into the pockets of the politicians thru campaign reform.That's what this was intended...anyone supporting a any politicians by campaign money will be prohibited...you have to take the good with the bad...the way around this is to form a committee that does not contribute money to any canadate......read all the provisions in this bill...it's a damn site better than allowing big corporations to buy politicians...sure the little guy is shut out too...only as long as a group throwing money at a politician running for office 60 days prior to an election......changing the face of politics in this country is no easy task.....

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline BamBams

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2004, 07:02:53 AM »
Yes Mac, but the cost is freedom of speech.  I do not believe it was necessary to stifle THE PEOPLE from media access for 90 days to accomplish this.  Was it?
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline Leftoverdj

Re: Anti-Abortion Ads Will Be Illegal
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2004, 08:21:39 AM »
Quote from: BamBams

And George Bush. He signed the thing into law.
It is the duty of the good citizen to love his country and hate his gubmint.

Offline tubbythetuba

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2004, 02:36:06 PM »
It's a violation of the 1St!!

It's claimed to be fair and balanced, but it doesn't stop the media, especially newpapers and TV news. Their "reporting" is all but Democrap propaganda.
That Sound You Hear In The Woods While Hunting  Is Deer Laughing

Offline tubbythetuba

• Avid Poster
Re: Anti-Abortion Ads Will Be Illegal
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2004, 02:38:26 PM »
Quote from: Leftoverdj
Quote from: BamBams

And George Bush. He signed the thing into law.

I truly think that he thought it would be overturned......someone stiffed him on that one! (He doesn't think the AWB will get to his desk, either.....I hope he's not wrong on THAT one, too)

Offline Leftoverdj

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2004, 05:32:56 PM »
No excuses, Tubby.

Bush signed McCain-Feingold into law in clear violation of his oath to uphold the Constitution.

And he'll violate the Second Amendment if he gets the chance.

Offline tubbythetuba

• Avid Poster
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2004, 05:41:46 PM »
No excuses, Tubby.

Bush signed McCain-Feingold into law in clear violation of his oath to uphold the Constitution.

I thought it was clear...........YOU thought it was clear :(
Politics suck :(

The courts, it seems, are law by fiat...........regardless of your feelings for Dubya, do ya want Skerry in there deciding "law" by his apointments :?  :shock:

Offline Leftoverdj

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2004, 07:00:36 PM »
I don't want neither of them deciding law by their appointments. Don't see nothing we can do to prevent it, though.

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2004, 01:27:35 AM »
No excuses, Tubby.

:roll:  :roll:  :roll: Dali Llama say Leftoverdj make it sound as if Bush eagerly seeking way to violate Second Amendment.  Dali not think that be the case. :lol:
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline tubbythetuba

• Avid Poster
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2004, 02:50:43 AM »
I don't want neither of them deciding law by their appointments. Don't see nothing we can do to prevent it, though.

I very well could be that we can't. Fweidner has the right idea, tho: Take the useless old dogs in congress, hold their feet to the fire and make them learn  new tricks. The problem is that congress gets elected by what they bring back to the people that have their hands out. We're so dumb that every time the "lords of DC" scare us, we eagerly nod our heads and say Yassir Boss and buy off on the latest line of pap they feed us. A fellow poster mentioned a phrase, not a pretty one: W****ing for nickles. The more I think of it, I agree; there are way too many people out that expect to exist on what the govn't gives them as opposed to using the gov't as a safety net/hand up out of a temporary bad situation. That's what gives the Democrats their edge: all things to all people.