Author Topic: Kahr CW9  (Read 579 times)

Offline greenjeans

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Kahr CW9
« on: April 20, 2008, 05:19:10 PM »
Got the CW9 on Friday afternoon. No chance to shoot it yet, but hope to this week. Anybody have one and any advice about what it likes/dislikes. Thanks in advance for any info.
Romans 8:38,39

Offline jhm

Re: Kahr CW9
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 02:44:32 AM »
Green:  I personally dont have one however a good friend of mine has that weapon, and until he got it he only thought that the only handgun was a wilson or clark, he says it is easier to carry and outshoots the others and he has several of the other 2 he collects them.   JIM

Offline greenjeans

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 03:29:50 AM »
Thanks. Hope mine works out. Got it for a "dressier" carry gun and for a little more firepower than my Smith 642. Hope to shoot it later this week. We are on vacation and there is an indoor range about 20 miles down the coast that I'm going to try and get to. Will let everyone know how it works out if I make it down.

Offline greenjeans

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 08:21:46 AM »
Just got back from the range with the CW9. Put 170 rounds of UMC, Rem. Green Box, and Win SXTs through it for break-in. Had four of the Green Box fail to fire and all had good primer strikes, so I attribute that to the ammo. No other problems of any kind with any of the ammo. Had to get used to the sights and learn to keep so much finger out of the trigger, but when I did, the pistol was extremely accurate. Dead on at 7 yards with the UMC and Remington. Very easy to handle and the recoil was extremely light compared to my Kel-Tec P11. Only shot at 5 and 7 yards since I was just trying to get the requisite break-in rounds through it. I now fully trust it and it will be carried. Need a good IWB for it, but right now it is in a Fobus paddle made for a 1911 and fits pretty good.

Offline nilescoyote

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 12:20:08 AM »
While I don't have the cw, my k9 will eat any thing you feed it. Hollow points to hard cast lead.

Offline greenjeans

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 01:35:18 PM »
I was really pleased. From what I had read, I was expecting at least a failure or two of some kind. I had cleaned it well and used lots of oil to break it in with. Didn't get hit in the forehead even once and was happy about that. I normally use Hydra-shok and/or SXTs for carry and it handled both of those fine. I am a happy camper.

Offline nilescoyote

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 12:06:36 AM »
Just remember (for any auto not just Kahr's) to run 1 to 2 hundred rounds through it just to brake it in good before betting you life on it. Some of those should be want you intend on using for defense.