Author Topic: scope rail length for TALO 44mag  (Read 475 times)

Offline hillhuntR

• Trade Count: (0)
scope rail length for TALO 44mag
« on: October 02, 2010, 03:10:47 PM »

Howdy to all.......long time reader, but new poster here.  Just ordered a talo trapper in 44 mag to give to my Dad.  Want to get a weaver style scope rail before the gun arrives so I can hopefully have time to set it up in time for deer season.  Any recommendations on brand/model of one piece weaver style scope rail to use....I would like to leave the rear sight in place if possible and also prefer the type with several notches cut in the rail for a little more adjustability if needed (picky I know).  Any insight on whether it may take too much ring height for scope to clear rear sight?  (Scope is a nikon 3-9x40)

Thanks in advance for any help,
                                                                hillhuntR

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: scope rail length for TALO 44mag
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 03:49:45 PM »
Welcome! All scope rails are shown in the FAQs, a good place for newbies to start reading, just about all questions you can think of have been answered there already including recommendations, sight clearance will depend on the scope you choose, keep the objective lens smaller and you won't have any problem, hammer clearance is critical, but a 32mm objective would be a better choice if you don't want to remove the sight.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline hillhuntR

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: scope rail length for TALO 44mag
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 12:59:23 AM »

Thanks sir.  I had it in my head it wouldn't be in there, shouldn't have doubted it.