Author Topic: PA Antlerless License Update  (Read 1190 times)

Offline papellet

• Trade Count: (0)
PA Antlerless License Update
« on: August 10, 2004, 01:41:49 AM »
The PGC lists updated antlerless license info. You can determine unsold tags in each WMU. This might be helpful if you are going to apply for a second tag or are applying from out of state. The site is:  http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/game/dmap/doe_stats.asp

Offline THE#1hunter

• A Real Regular
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2004, 06:39:53 AM »
Thanks for the post, hopefully i'll be able to get my bonus tags this year, I love venison  :grin:
Good Luck, Be Safe, and God Bless  :D

Ephesians 2:8
--For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of god--

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 12:38:18 PM »
Friend of mine up in PA saw 14 deer in one field the other day. Five were for sure bucks and two were eights. I recall one a four and one a five and don't recall what he said the other was. One of the eight pointers is a pretty nice buck likely 3.5 years old, good brow tines and long G2s and G3s. Pretty good spread too. That's the one he's hoping to take this fall. He has so many deer on the farm it's not too much of a chore to fill out all his tags but some times things go wrong.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline THE#1hunter

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2004, 03:06:12 AM »
Hopefully a majority of those tag will stay in the unsold selection  :grin:

--For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of god--

Offline JPSaxMan

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2004, 11:49:59 AM »
BUMMER!!!! I hunt in WMU 3C and our box is closed!!!! I'll hopefully get my first tag but no unsold tag  :cry: . Oh well, I guess one is better than none.
JP

Attorney: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in
his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?

Doctor: Did you actually pass the bar exam?

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Offline THE#1hunter

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2004, 01:11:30 PM »
Quote from: Fishman029
BUMMER!!!! I hunt in WMU 3C and our box is closed!!!! I'll hopefully get my first tag but no unsold tag  :cry: . Oh well, I guess one is better than none.

Theres a good chance we'll get the 2nd tag, it depends on how late you sent them out...

Offline JPSaxMan

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2004, 02:13:56 PM »
I sent the 2nd application out the 24th (the day after the box opened for 2nd tags)...so it wasn't sent that late.
JP

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Offline THE#1hunter

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2004, 02:23:01 PM »
I sent it the day we were suppose to...so hopefully ill get mine  :D

Offline JPSaxMan

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2004, 02:24:20 PM »
Yea, I hope you get yours too. At least someone will have some luck at a bonus tag  :)
JP

Offline Steelbanger

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (15)
  • Contributor
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2004, 02:35:58 PM »
Hey guys, we're not supposed to call them bonus tags anymore. The politically correct term these days is $urplu$ Tag.
"He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present, than the living man."
Antoine de Saint-Expuéry

Steelbanger, NRA Life

Marlin - a hard habit to break.

Offline THE#1hunter

• A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2004, 02:39:39 PM »
Quote from: Steelbanger
Hey guys, we're not supposed to call them bonus tags anymore. The politically correct term these days is $urplu$ Tag.

Oh...im sorry, please forgive me.. :-D

Offline JPSaxMan

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2004, 02:40:14 PM »
Surplus, huh? Oh well...we can't all be perfect, right?  :) Steel, have you done any scouting this year? And if so...have you seen any big ol' bucks in the herd? Either way, I hope you have a good year and I HOPE YOU GET YOUR DOE TAG!!! :-D
JP

Offline Steelbanger

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (15)
  • Contributor
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2004, 02:55:20 PM »
I'm just joking folks. We still call 'em doe tags too.

As for scouting, the farm I hunt has an unusual 8 point piebald buck hanging around this year. He's about 75% white/25% brown, the front being brown and from about mid-chest  to hind hooves all white. really pretty. We all have our orders that this deer is a no-shoot animal and we will all respect the owner and not  harvest it. Last year it was only a small button buck, this year 8 pt. and who knows what it will be next year? My biggest fear is that it will run into a car during the rut.

Good luck getting your tags.
"He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present, than the living man."
Antoine de Saint-Expuéry

Steelbanger, NRA Life

Marlin - a hard habit to break.

Offline JPSaxMan

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2004, 03:11:45 PM »
Oh no, Steel, we have to call them "antlerless" :-D
JP

Offline cam69conv

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2004, 03:42:59 PM »
Surplus antlerless liscense...Politicly correct...I just callum extra meat in tha freezer tags....Only have 6000 left in my wmu so I guess Ill just have to settle for the reg one...and the deer damage tags that we were graciously given  :lol: Whew didnt expect them buggers to sell so fast this year
You want a divorce if I go hunting today??? Well sorry ta see ya go...Was nice knowin ya..Dont let tha door hit ya where tha good lord split ya :D

Offline JPSaxMan

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2004, 03:54:03 PM »
I like that, "Extra Meat In the Freezer Tags".  :)  :-D Yea, u kno what stinks tho? They actually put out more tags this year than last, too.
JP

Offline buckbeast

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2004, 03:37:29 PM »
You know what I find amazing? I hunt in area 4B (mainly Perry county) and last year they sold 38,000 antlerless licenses, and the deer harvest numbers were down (10,520). This year they allocated more licenses (49,000) and I'm seeing fewer deer than I did last year. Any of you others noticing similar things, deer populations going down, allocations going up?
Just a country boy from the mountains of PA

Offline cam69conv

• Contributor
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2004, 03:58:43 PM »
Howdy Buck,
I myself am in 5b lebanon county and im actually seeing MORE deer this year...could be because of the mild winter and then all the good rain this year....seeing lots more bigger bucks and still way to many does...Dunno much about dem perry county deer...maybe they came down here cuzz they were a sceered of ya'll
You want a divorce if I go hunting today??? Well sorry ta see ya go...Was nice knowin ya..Dont let tha door hit ya where tha good lord split ya :D

Offline Don Dick

• Avid Poster
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2004, 04:07:24 PM »
I already got my doe tag area 2G.
Some people come into our lives and quickly go.  Some stay awhile and leave footprints on our hearts.  And we are never.  Ever the same.   Authur unknown.  In memory of my son Jonathan.