Author Topic: Duluth MN Handgun Alert!!!!  (Read 1135 times)

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
Duluth MN Handgun Alert!!!!
« on: January 23, 2003, 06:19:25 AM »
2 Duluth MN City Councilors have a proposal up for Feb 10th city meeting to ban handguns in Duluth MN. I do not have all the particulars, the gunshop I frequent alerted me to this and a employee and friend will forward me the info tonite. The NRA Rep is trying to get all the gunshops and sporting good stores around here to put a large ad in Sundays paper. I will post more on this when I get the info. Since MN is working on Concealed Carry this would put a monkey wrench to that and to the 3 or 4 gunshows they have a year. I live in WI but Duluth MN is right across the St Louis Bay from us and I definately would not want to see that law passed as it would set a precident and get the anti's all stirred up where I live. The one Concilor that is is backing this is a real liberal and has been backing the anti war protest here. It figures! I will post more info as I get it. Jim
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline HARD-CORE

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2003, 06:39:02 AM »
GOOD LUCK JIM,
   WHAT DO THESE LIBERAL JERKS NOT UNDERSTAND ABOUT SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.
   IT'S LIKE THAT HEFFER ROSIE O'DONNEL.  SHE DOES'NT BELIEVE THAT YOU OR I SHOULD POSSESS A GUN TO PROTECT OURSELVES OR OUR LOVED ONES, BUT SHE CAN HIRE ARMED BODY GUARDS TO PROTECT HER AND HER GIRLFRIENDS KIDS.  KIND OF A DOUBLE STANDARD DONT YOU THINK?

SEMPER FI

HARD-CORE

Offline S.S.

ROSIE O'Donald !!!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2003, 09:17:51 AM »
Well, I just PUKED on my keyboard !

Thanks for that wave of nausea.

That Person makes me sick just looking at him,  I mean Her,
or whatever she is ! Her appearance is bad enough, much less
listening at her mouth.  Here is an Idea. If you have a local polutician,
I mean politician, making waves about guns, Run an ad in the paper suggesting a boycott of local BUSINESSES that support said politician, and why. Take your buisness to The next district.  This is an effective tactic.
The threat of Atlanta loosing a few Basketball Tournaments/Playoffs
effectively turned the tide on the Saint Andrews Cross Georgia Flag debate! These things all come down to money. If Politicians get enough
BACKING snatched away from them, they will think twice about who they
piss-off.   List all of his supporters as being ANTI-GUN, because they
are if they support him. Find out who contributed to his campaign and
list them also!  Ain't the FREEDOM OF INFOMATION ACT GREAT!
If you are SERIOUS about keeping your rights, start working on this right away!!!    Give us all here on the forums His E-MAIL address also, and we can all remind him of what happened in BERLIN right after Hitler took over.
The civilians were DISARMED!!!  If there are any Mail order buisnesses
that supported him, let us know, and we can send them e-mails saying
they are being boycotted and why!!!    HIT THEM WHERE IT HURTS  --
IN THE WALLET!!!  And see if they support him in the next election!!!

Look what Happened in My State, (Georgia) Our Governor and his
Chronies changed our flag without asking, And They paid for it
in The last election. (I think we really shocked the Naiton).
And if our new politicians disregard the will of the people,
We Will BOOT THEM OUT OF OFFICE TOO!
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
"A wise man does not pee against the wind".

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2003, 09:21:46 AM »
I got a copy of the proposal it is a ordinance banning handguns on city property. the rub of the thing is that Duluth's gun shows are held on city property, the ordinance states no activities or ceromonies involving pistols. The ordinance also states it does not matter if you have a CC permit issued by the state or not, no Handguns allowed! so that means not only buildings but parks,  parking lots city owned wood lots ect.  So basically this ordinance would make CC null and void in Duluth MN. and the part that scares me is it would set a precident for others citys in MN and WI. It had some tricky wording regarding streets and sidewalks so I am sure that issue will be a sticky one also. Jim
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.