Author Topic: Alpen optics?????  (Read 445 times)

Offline denvas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Alpen optics?????
« on: August 17, 2004, 06:46:42 AM »
Does anyone have any experience with the Alpen line of riflescopes and binos? One friend of mine had a pair of their binos that we could never get each tube to focus together. When the left eye tube was in focus the right tube was really blurry. Even after sending them back for repair we had the same probem.

Now another friend of mine wants to buy one of their Apex 3.5X10-50 riflescopes. Does anyone know where these are made and what the quality is like?

Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Denvas
May the wind always blow in your face and the sun always shine over your shoulder. Then your prey will be unable to smell you and unable to see you until after they hear the crack of your shot!

Offline goose7856

• Contributor
Alpen optics?????
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 10:58:29 AM »
i have never heard of that brand w/ riflescopes, but have heard about them concerning binos..........what is the price on the scope?
Good Hunting and Straight Shooting

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Alpen optics?????
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 11:05:50 AM »
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline goose7856

• Contributor
Alpen optics?????
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2004, 10:55:57 AM »
What type of gun is he going to use this scope for??

If he is shooting a gun with ANY type of "kick" to it, he's going to have a ring to show for it!!  That Eye relief is p**s poor.  3 in????  Thats not good at all.  And for around $200, you could get a much better scope, with a proven reputation!!!!  In my opinion thats a huge RIP OFF!! Nvm, what I jus said about being $200, it loks like they are even more somewhere around $300!!  You can get a really good 3.5-10x50 scope for $300!

I just bought a Nikon Buckmaster 4-12x50, for $270.  Great scope, I would definitely recommend it.  And it seems to fit your budget and wants (most of all).  Another very good scope, for about the cheapest price on the market (for what you get).........is the Swift Premier.  They cost $115!!.  You can get the 4-12x40 for $115, and about any other acope that would fit your needs!!  Plus, they have it in either silver, matte, and maybe even a gloss finish (pretty nice feature by Swift to make all those models  :grin: ).  can't beat either of the ones I just mentioned, but I would not buy the Alpen, though I have not had an experience with one, there are just better scopes on the market for that type of money!! :)  :-D  :D  :D
Good Hunting and Straight Shooting