Author Topic: Camo laminate ultra stock  (Read 1060 times)

Offline jon f

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Camo laminate ultra stock
« on: August 15, 2004, 03:02:17 PM »
Greetings,
               I'm thinking of buying a 30/30 handi rifle, but like a camo laminated stock. Any idea as to where I could buy one?
          thanks jon..
Badges,we don't need no stinking badges.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2004, 03:24:01 PM »
Too late! You coulda bought one from another shooter a couple weeks ago, but he sold it to me!  :grin: You can order a set from H&R for $81 plus shipping. Their number is (978)630-8220. Edit Just noticed you are from Down Under....I don't think H&R ships international....you might check here, instead. Good luck!

http://www.nioa.net.au/cat_firearms/hr.asp
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2004, 04:06:47 PM »
looking at those prices it seems if H&R1871 won't send stocks internationally you would be better off just buying any 30-30 Handi "down under" and pay someone on this board the cost of the camo stock set and shipping and they could buy the stocks and then send them to you....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2004, 05:22:16 PM »
Quote from: MSP Ret
looking at those prices it seems if H&R1871 won't send stocks internationally you would be better off just buying any 30-30 Handi "down under" and pay someone on this board the cost of the camo stock set and shipping and they could buy the stocks and then send them to you....<><.... :grin:

If that works for ya, I'd be glad to help ya out. If Fred's lack of luck finding a 30-30 any time soon is any indication of availability, it might be a long wait for one, though. There aren't any in the internet gun inventory. :cry:

Offline jon f

• Avid Poster
stock
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2004, 01:36:41 AM »
Thanks guy's,
                     I will try and get my shooting buddies cousin in Minnesota to order and post me a stock. In case you're wondering what a handi costs down under, today I was quoted $450 aus for a 30/30 and $525 aus for a .308 ultra with brown laminated stock.
         Kindest regards Jon.
Badges,we don't need no stinking badges.

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2004, 02:25:21 AM »
today I was quoted $450 aus for a 30/30 and $525 aus for a .308 ultra with brown laminated stock.

OUCH! How much does that come out to American?
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2004, 02:42:21 AM »
Just a thought but perhaps H&R will sell/send just a wooden stock set to you even if they will not sell/send guns internationally....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Fred M

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Fred The Reloader and Wildcatter
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2004, 10:29:37 AM »
Jon F.
You better buy the 308 than trying to find a stock. The stock would be much more than the difference between the 30-30 and the 308.
Beside the 30-30 has no scope rail which is extra that is if you want to use a scope. With real slow powder you can slow down the 308.

I have looked into a 30-30 to convert it into a 30-30AI and use with a scope. This would mean to get a stock with a monte carlo comb. But I would simply make an add on comb and a mount base is easy to substitute.

I am in the same boat in Canada, they won't ship one here either. We are the bad boys too.

lik2hunt.
450 aus = 325.575 US  1 aus = .7235US todays rate.

Fred M.
Fred M.
From Alberta Canada.

Offline jeff223

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2004, 12:03:31 PM »

i would try to get one shipped to you from some one.the stock looks good just like you said

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2004, 10:05:32 PM »
Heck....what's wrong with the brown(cinnamon) stock???

:D

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline handirifle

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.handirifle.com
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2004, 05:46:52 AM »
we are the ones blamed for the 9-11 disaster.

Fred, How do you figure that one?  Never heard a single word like that before.  I think you misread some things that come out of Homeland Security.  I think it's a matter of tightening up the borders.  Just a bummer you're on the other side.
God, Family, and guns, in that order!

Offline Fred M

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Fred The Reloader and Wildcatter
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2004, 06:28:02 AM »
handirifle.
I am sorry I said that and will remove it from my post, it was just a joke.
Fred M.
Fred M.
From Alberta Canada.

Offline Donaldo

• A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2004, 06:45:09 AM »
To Jeff223 and Mac11700
What scopes are you using on your Handi Ultras and more important, what rings did you use.  I have one on order, 223, should be here today, and am looking at a 6-18 x 50 scope and wonder if the big obj. lens will clear the barrel.  Anyone have any experience here.
Luke 11:21

Offline jeff223

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2004, 09:30:29 AM »
Donaldo,i have a Bushnell Scope Cheif on my 223 and i use Weaver rings.all you will need is a set of high rings and your 50mm scope will clear

Offline Donaldo

• A Real Regular
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2004, 06:35:05 AM »
Jeff223
Can't seem to find any info on the Bushnell Scope Chief.  How old is it and where did you get it.  Their site does not list the scopechief????  Any info.....
Luke 11:21

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2004, 06:45:30 AM »
I'm a scopechief lover, the only source other than an occasional ebay offering, is D&R Sports in their clearance dept. Compared to my Bushnell Elite 4200 4-16x40, the scopechief is pretty much identical in optical quality but without the rainguard lens coating. There are probably some differences in tube components and quality too, but they aren't obvious to a side by side external comparison. The elites are made in Japan, scopechief in the philippines. The scope markings indicate they are made in Taiwan but the box the scopes come in say made in Taiwan but is overlabeled with the philippines, so I suspect that in the Bushnell production history, manufacturing plants changed locations mid production.
http://www.dnrsports.net/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DSC&Product_Code=BSC706204A&Category_Code=closeoutopticsbsc

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2004, 07:48:40 AM »
Quote from: Donaldo
To Jeff223 and Mac11700
What scopes are you using on your Handi Ultras and more important, what rings did you use.  I have one on order, 223, should be here today, and am looking at a 6-18 x 50 scope and wonder if the big obj. lens will clear the barrel.  Anyone have any experience here.

Donaldo:

The set up on that rig..is a Simmons Whitetail Expidition 4-12 x 42 AO and it's in a set of Leupold Rifleman High rings...which I won't recommend anymore...I took the scope out of the rings and these definatly need to be lapped...there are many other better steel rings available than these...I've been comparing the Burris Z rings...and the Weaver quads...I like the aspect of the inserts you can get with the Burris rings to compensate the mounts being off...but I haven't found the mounts on the Handi's to be a problem...so far...both run about the same here where I live...one other type I debating on...would be a set of Leupold QWR...they cost about $15.00 more...but I've had real good luck with them before...The scopes a nice one for the money...they have been discontinued from Simmons and you can find them being closed out on the web for around $125.00...

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline Moonlitin

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2004, 04:52:20 PM »
Heck....what's wrong with the brown(cinnamon) stock???

I like them both...my 17HMR is wearing the cinnamon stock and my son's 22LR is wearing the camo stock...

I even like the Walnut stock...that's what my 22WMR is wearing...

I used the Burris zee rings, "high".  I think the "Signature" rings are the ones with the inserts, but I have not had a problem using the standard zee rings.  I have lots of clearance from the barrel with my 40mm scope, and I think you'd be OK with a 50mm scope too.  Clearance over the hammer is more of an issue.

Good Luck

Moonlitin