Author Topic: Remember the “Good old days?”  (Read 397 times)

Offline Major

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Remember the “Good old days?”
« on: August 28, 2004, 11:35:20 AM »
Remember the “Good old days, the days when the gangsters bought off the cops and the politicians to get their way?   Al Capone and others considered money spent in high places as a way of doing business.

It seems to me that we have been going down that road again and just didn’t know it.   Every time I see a court case ruling for the criminal, or a law that prevents the average person from defending him or herself.   Every time I see the battle cry of “Political Correctness” that limits the masses to “protect” a few.   Every time I see a new gun control law or politicians “cutting back” on police protection to “save tax money” I have to ask myself… if those in power have not been once again “bought off” by those in the criminal professions.

I think it has become such a big problem now that there can be no other answer.   Why else would you have someone trying so hard to disarm and control you if they weren’t tools of organized crime?   I think it is time we pulled the wool off of our eyes and start to clean up this country.   It is imperative that we get as many as humanly possible out to vote to get this trend of loosing our freedoms stopped.   We need to throw the incompetent bums out and take back our country.   Every time your toes are stepped on ask yourself, who was bought off?

As a side note, I think that on a whole that lawyers are more to blame for this mess we are in than anything else and gee, isn’t there a pair of lawyers running for office as we speak?   We need to go by their actions, NOT by their words, or we are just pulling more wool over our eyes.
Deactivated as trouble maker

Offline Nightrain52

• A Real Regular
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2004, 03:56:05 PM »
Well said Major and I agree that we need to stop the loss of our personal and political freedoms and to do that our legislators need to be held acountable. The well oiled money machines in Washington D.C. need to be held responsible to for the things they are doing. It's getting to be like everything else, money talks and ******** walks. In America I thought we were allowed to speak our minds but evidently not. If I had the money to buy airtime on TV and run my own political endorsement I should be able to do so under the 1st ammendment but now they are even trying to take that away. I'll get off my soap box now. :music:  :D
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2004, 05:08:36 AM »
Quote from: Nightrain52
In America I thought we were allowed to speak our minds but evidently not.
Nightrain52 unfortunately be correct, as recent events transpiring on internet forums bear out, say Dali Llama. :(  :(  :(
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk