Author Topic: Scope for a Rem ADL .270  (Read 387 times)

Offline hawkeye29

• Trade Count: (0)
Scope for a Rem ADL .270
« on: September 02, 2004, 05:31:08 PM »
Looking for new glass for my .270. Want to keep it under $350. Have looked at the Bushnell 4200's, new Leupold VX-II's, Nikon Monarchs and Weaver Grand Slams. They all look to be excellent scopes optically at least to my old eyes. The Nikon did "feel" a little cheaper to me but the optics were bright and clear. I have seen the Zeiss Conquest as well and was very impressed but feel that I can get a very good scope for less money. What are your thoughts or are there others I should consider?

Offline 7magWoodsman

• Contributor
Scope for a Rem ADL .270
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 06:22:24 PM »
I have a Nikon Monarch with at least 2000 shots of 7mm Rem Mag on it and have never had a problem...I would look no farther myself...The Bushnell Elite Series is one I would consider also...I don't think I would stray from these three models.(Monarch, Elite 3200, and Elite 4200) all three are available in multiple finishes too, so it will be easy to match the finish on your rifle.
Just my opinion.

Stay Safe. Happy Shooting/Hunting. :D
"To me the rifle has always been the most romantic of all weapons, and of all rifles, the one I love the most is the rifle for big game." Jack O'Connor

Offline TheOpticZone

• A Real Regular
    • http://www.theopticzone.com
Scope for a Rem ADL .270
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004, 12:53:07 AM »
I agree with 7Mag.  The Nikon Monach and the Bushnell Elites are excellent scopes and hard to beat for the money.  I personally think the Nikon Monarch is slightly brighter and clearer.  I would not hesitate to buy any of these 3.  They will suit your needs very well and will not break the bank.
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

The Place for all your Optic Needs!

Offline hawkeye29

Scope for a Rem ADL .270
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2004, 09:56:15 PM »
Thanks for the responses. I have narrowed this down to the Bushnell Elite 4200 2.5x10x40, Leupold VX-II 3x9x40, Weaver Grand Slam 3x10x40, Nikon Monarch 3x9x40 or the Burris Fullfield 2 3x9x40. What are your thoughts on the best way to go?

Offline 7magWoodsman

• Contributor
Scope for a Rem ADL .270
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2004, 11:18:58 PM »
Quote from: hawkeye29
Bushnell Elite 4200 2.5x10x40 or Nikon Monarch 3x9x40

I think you will be happy with either one of these...
I would probally go ahead and get the Elite 4200 but I have a lot of trust in the Monarch so actually I would get it...hmm, well, uhh...
Flip a coin :lol:  :)
 :D
"To me the rifle has always been the most romantic of all weapons, and of all rifles, the one I love the most is the rifle for big game." Jack O'Connor