Author Topic: Solid Base on Muley,ect  (Read 449 times)

Offline ORsouthpaw

• Trade Count: (0)
Solid Base on Muley,ect
« on: September 09, 2004, 01:29:15 PM »
I just picked up some Federal Premium ammo w/ Nosler Solid base BT's 165gr. Has anyone had any experience with round in a .300 Win Mag or similar. I'll be using this round to both Mule Deer and Elk. I know that the 180gr Partition are the preferred round but the sporting goods store was out and these were 7 dollars cheaper per box. Any feedback is appreciated. Thx
Left is Right

Offline 7magWoodsman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Solid Base on Muley,ect
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 01:47:30 PM »
I have used the Nosler Solid Base in the past in both 30'06 and 7mm Rem Mag. although I loaded them myself. I am sure glad Nosler reintroduced the solid base, although I regret I have not the room to reload, as I used to. :(
I also have purchased some of the newly factory loaded Federal Premium Nosler Solid Base...they are VERY accurate in my Ruger M77 7mag, especially for the money!
For small whitetail through large black bear, I trust them...As you said, Partitions are first choice for Elk but the Nosler Solid Base will do it to it as long as you put it where it belongs. But, that goes without saying. :-)

Stay Safe. Happy Hunting/Shooting.  :D
"To me the rifle has always been the most romantic of all weapons, and of all rifles, the one I love the most is the rifle for big game." Jack O'Connor