Author Topic: where do I get a shoulder stock for a remington?  (Read 761 times)

Offline willysjeep134

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
where do I get a shoulder stock for a remington?
« on: September 18, 2004, 05:06:56 PM »
Well, I'm having a ball with my remington buffalo .44. I finally got out to shoot it a little and I was more impressed than ever with the accuracy these things are capable of. What I would really like to do now is find one of those clamp on shoulder stocks for it. I know Pietta makes a shoulder stock specifically for theri Buffalo model 58 remingtons, but I can't seem to find one for sale in the US. Pietta has them on their website. Does anybody know where I can find a remington army shoulder stock?
If God wanted plastic stocks he would have made plastic trees.

Offline MOGorilla

• Avid Poster
where do I get a shoulder stock for a remin
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2004, 04:40:45 AM »
Contact Dixie Gun Works.  The Stock for the Remmington is the same as the one for the Wyatt Earp buntline brass frame navy.  There is an extended screw that replaces the hammer screw.  This is what the upper part of the stock grips.   I have a stock for my Pietta Army, it required some sanding/fileing to fit properly, but it is an impressive little carbine when assembled.  A friend of mine did just this for one of his remmingtons, it is a sweet gun.

Offline willysjeep134

• Contributor
where do I get a shoulder stock for a remin
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2004, 11:40:22 AM »
Yep that is exactly what I was looking for. But at $145 I think I might wait a little while before I order it. Looks like it should be just the thing for hare hunting this fall, but then again if I don't order it I have that much more reason to practice with the sixgun.
If God wanted plastic stocks he would have made plastic trees.