Poll

Which rimfire scope for T/C Classic

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: September 28, 2004, 06:38:22 PM

Author Topic: Rimfire scope for T/C Classic  (Read 564 times)

Offline 7magWoodsman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Rimfire scope for T/C Classic
« on: September 28, 2004, 06:38:22 PM »
I know the scopes listed in the poll vary in price from $30-300 and I am in no way comparing apples to oranges, just trying to keep it one post instead of three.

This rifle will be used almost exclusively for hunting, but it's a .22lr so as you and me both know, there will be thousands of cans killed too.......

I just want to add that I am not a fan at all of A/O scopes but may make an exception with this rifle.....

I appreciate all replys......I am open to ALL suggestions also.

:D
"To me the rifle has always been the most romantic of all weapons, and of all rifles, the one I love the most is the rifle for big game." Jack O'Connor

Offline goose7856

• Contributor
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2004, 11:09:17 AM »
Isee you have decided on the T/C!! NICE CHOICE!!

I know you dont like any high mag stuff, so i wont mention anything above maybe a 4x on the low........(u want to FOV).......I would also say check out the mueller scope, they have the sprt dot series which has an etched dot in the center which is perfect for the varmint (and its illuminted) idk if it has an AO tho.

Now to an option you probably will not agree with.......a Swift Premier 4-12x40 AO......I understand how you hate the lerger mag, but I dont think the 4x on the low end is too much!!??? :lol:  :?

I have heard at rimfire central that it may be one of the best rimfire scopes available.....(BUT THATS JUST WHAT THEY HAVE SAID!! no first hand experience greybeard, ill keepc it clear this time!! :wink:)

it comes with an AO which is really helpful for close to long shots to keep the parralex free.  and if you dont wanrt the higher mag (10x-12x) then just dont use it!! Just keep it at about 6x-7x and you should be good (maybe even less since your a good shot).......JMO im interested in what you have to say!!?? :)  :D
Good Hunting and Straight Shooting

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2004, 12:41:54 PM »
I don't think 7magWoodsman is a man who wants a scope bigger than his gun even tho you've made it abundantly clear you think that's the ONLY way to go. Some day you'll grow up and learn the impracticality of it yourself.

The TC Classic is a nice slim gun. It would be an abomination to saddle it with a huge scope.

BTW I've now taken mine to the range twice and it is still not sighted in. First time the shots were hitting a good 10" or more to the right of POA at 25 yards. Didn't even bother to adjust the scope for that much error. Today was back with it after using Burris Offset Inserts to hopefully bring it closer to POA.

Well it was closer but still too far to bother. I'd say today it was 8.5" to right of POA. Nice tight little group tho. I used Federal Wallyworld bulk pack first time out and Winchester HV today. It likes the Winchester better but shot nice small groups with both.

I have a new set of Burris Offset Inserts on the way to me now. I need the 20s it looks like with this one. Dunno what's wrong but something sure is way off for the new scope to be putting bullets that far to the right. Scope is optically centered so I'm not touching it until I get the POI to within a couple or three inches of POA. Once there it sure looks like it's gonna be a shooter.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline goose7856

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2004, 02:16:02 PM »
no actually i didnt say that was the only way to go!! :x  :roll:

I said it would be another choice along with the Meuller company.......i also stated that i was sure he probably wouldnt want something with that type of power, and normally when you get higher powers the rifle scope begins to gain weight slowly, correct??!! Along with the AO that adds even more weight. I really didnt think he was going to get it, i have just heard VERY good things about those scope.......i knew someone would mad about that reccommendation, but im just throwin out IDEAS!!! Also I think it is a great scope for the money, for about $115. So all in all, its just an IDEA, not a statement of "IM GOING TO MAKE YOU BUY THIS"!! I gave some info to back up my "idea", but i guess that made it set in stone??!!

sry if you dont agree, but you dont always have to jump on me about any statement I say......i disagree with some things you state, but I dont yell out how (in your own words) "(censored) for thinking that"??!!

sry but it kinda ticks me off :evil:

Offline 7magWoodsman

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2004, 02:21:25 PM »
Quote from: goose7856
im interested in what you have to say!

I have heard of the Swift line of scopes and have read about the durability and clarity of them, but have no personal experience with them myself either.
I really appreciate your recommendation and may very well take it to heart for my next rifle(.204?)........but Greybeard said it perfectly....
Quote from: Graybeard
The TC Classic is a nice slim gun. It would be an abomination to saddle it with a huge scope.

the 40mm is a mighty large scope for this particular rifle.

I would jump on a Mueller in a second but the 2-7x 32mm is only available in that funky circle reticle, I never have like them circle reticles...sorry folks.

You are a nice young man with a good head on your shoulders but with limited experience. I know your heart is in the right place.....If you wish to recommend any other scopes please do so....
I have and will rag you from time to time about bolting spotting scopes with cross hairs on to your rifles :) but I mean no disrespect in doing so......

:D
"To me the rifle has always been the most romantic of all weapons, and of all rifles, the one I love the most is the rifle for big game." Jack O'Connor

Offline goose7856

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2004, 03:30:59 PM »
thank you..........i do not know what type of quality you are looking for, but since it is a .22 any "decent" brand should be able to work fine.........also, since you said you think a 40mm is even a little big I started looking, and found what seems would be a very nice fit.........it is the Simmons 8-point 3-9x32, and it $39 at www.scopesnmore.com.......i think that would be more in the range of the mm style and range......i just am not sure what optical quality you are looking for........the scope comes with a truplex reticle simce you said you dont like the citcle dot (me either)......I have NO experiemce with the scope, just seemed to fit the bill as to what you have as choices, at a much lower cost.......i would also recommend the 2-7x?? Nikon Prostaff, but I think the parralex is set too far for a .22 (yards parralex set at 75 yards)........also at the same website (scopesn.....etc) there are a few tasco's that would fit also........i know that alot of there scopes are trash, hints the name "trashco", but I have heard that specifically two models will perform well.......the world class and titan series scopes.  They have some cheaper ones the (golden antler, and pronghorn) that would work fine for under $30, but the one that caught my eye was the 2-8x32 world class for $60.......maybe not the best.......but i think those scopes would be able to sight in well, and stay on.......the Leupold's and Burris's are def. alot better but they also cost 8 times as much as these i mentioned.......if glass is very important then throw all of these out.....if not, maybe these would be good ideas......i especially think the 8-point by simmons would work well.....hope it helps, and thanx for the encouragment (sry its so long) :)   :D