Author Topic: Scope for a cz452 American 22lr?  (Read 619 times)

Offline outdoorz4me

• Trade Count: (0)
Scope for a cz452 American 22lr?
« on: September 20, 2004, 02:51:48 AM »
I am going to order a cz 452 american in 2 weeks, and am interested in putting a quality scope on it. I will be using this rifle for squirrel hunting and some target work. I understand these rifles are very accurate and want a scope to match the quality of the rifle. Price up to $400 or less. I would be fine with a fixed power scope as long as focus or parallax would be OK from 15yds to 75yds.  I am not impressed by any particular brand name, I just want a clear scope which will meet my needs and last a lifetime. I have considered a Leupold 6x42AO, Simmons Aetec 2.8-12AO, or a Leupold 4-12X40AO. My logic is that an adjustable objective will make the scope more usefull over a wider range of distances. I do not have any experience with quality scopes, that is why I seek advice from those of you who have more experience. I want a scope of the right size also. I don't want an 80 pound scope on a 22 sporter. Thanks for the advice.

Offline goose7856

• Contributor
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 10:38:48 AM »
a great scope for a rimfire is a 4-12x40 AO Swift Premier that sells at eabco.com for $115. Not as high in price, but alot of people at RFC use them, and have had great success.......on the more expensive side, you cam always go with a Bushnell Elite 3200, or 4200, Nikon Buckmaster, or Monarch, a Leupold up to about a VXII, and Sightron.........simmons is also "ok", but no where in the same ball park as the others mentioned...........I do not know how this would apply to "how big of a scope is too big", but I would strongly reccommend a Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 AO. It runs for $239 at theopticzone, has great optics, good variable raange, and would be an awsome rimfire scope, i just do not kno if it would be too heavy.......... :idea2: Oh, and I just remembered........Mueller!! They have VERY good scope for the price, they come with an electric red dot (perfect for varmint hunting, or targets), and come in 4-16x50 AO models that cost around $170 at eabco.com........probably the best option if it is not too heavy........what does everyone else think, im just throwing some ideas out there!!
Good Hunting and Straight Shooting

Offline wild willy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2004, 02:33:38 PM »
Check out a Leupold Vari X 3-9 X 33 EFR Great scope focuces down to 10 yards check around about $270.00 perfect size for a.22

Offline goose7856

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2004, 03:04:34 PM »
ive heard of that EFR scope, it just seems expensive for what it offers.........maybe another option would be a burris compact scope??
Good Hunting and Straight Shooting

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
Swift 3-9
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2004, 10:49:57 PM »
Don't have any experience with it but I see that Swift just came out with a 3-9 AO for air guns.  Its a trim looking scope of modest price and should work well on a .22 rifle too.  Arizona Airguns and Straight Shooters offer them.  The Swifts seem to have a good rep among the airgun folks - for their price level. Bushnell offers some AO airgun scopes in the 3-9 range that would work too at modest price. Check the optics advertisers on this forum they offer good prices and may offer good advice as well.
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA