Author Topic: Cabelas new 1858 New Army  (Read 857 times)

Offline 445 SUPERMAG

• Trade Count: (0)
Cabelas new 1858 New Army
« on: September 16, 2004, 04:02:57 AM »
Anyone have one of the new case hardened checkered grip cap+ball revolvers from Cabelas? How do you like the appereance?
See my revolver stands.             http://community.webtv.net/V445SuperMag/BLACKPOWDERPISTOL

Offline Cowpox

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Cabelas new 1858 New Army
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 03:08:22 PM »
Hi 445 Supermag, No, I don't have one, but do like the looks of that case hardened frame. I have been watching the forum for a report on one ever since I got my Cabelas 2004 shooters catalog, hoping to hear from someone who has one. I would expect Pietta makes it because most of their cap and balls are from Pietta, but they aren't very responsive to my question on the maker. I have been resisting the urge to order one, until I am sure it wasn't made by Palmetto. Had a bad experience with one of their products, and don't want to risk going through the exchange hassle again. Let's hope some one who has acquired one posts a reply so we can find out. The main reason I replied was to let you know you aren't the only one looking at them, as I was beginning to think I was the only person to notice them. Nice looking loading stands. Think I will head to the PO and get a money order heading your way. cowpox
I rode with him,---------I got no complaints. ---------Cowpox