Author Topic: weaver k-series  (Read 549 times)

Offline jpstrait

• Trade Count: (0)
weaver k-series
« on: September 21, 2004, 09:36:02 AM »
anyone use the new weaver k-series scopes in either 4x or 6x. I had an old k4 and it worked well, wanted to get a new one to put on new deer rifle (remington 700 adl .270win). doubt that shots would be beyond 150 yards. any advice would be welcomed.

Offline bigdaddytacp

• Avid Poster
Re: weaver k-series
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004, 12:27:10 PM »
Quote from: jpstrait
anyone use the new weaver k-series scopes in either 4x or 6x. I had an old k4 and it worked well, wanted to get a new one to put on new deer rifle (remington 700 adl .270win). doubt that shots would be beyond 150 yards. any advice would be welcomed.
........I also still have a old steel K4 with the clicks on the outside of the knobs and it is a good one.....BUT for a new scope other than the Grand Slam series of the Weaver ...I would stick with the Leupold.....good used fixed 4x's go for a decent price and hold their value well.......the Weavers have not been holding value in the new versions..outside of the Grand slams......not a knock on the Weavers .....just a observed trend at the shops and feedback from other shooters......and the used Leupold goes for about the price of a new Weaver K....in my area.....hth..good luck and good shooting!!!

Offline sdgunslinger

weaver k-series
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2004, 05:49:36 AM »
jp , I've had one of the new K6 s for several years .  It's mounted on a .223 , so recoil is not a concern but I've carried that rifle and scope on my trucks and tractors year around  and the scope has taken an incredible beating and held up well .  I wouldn't hesitate to buy another. It's a darn good scope .

With the price being around $120 online , I think the resale value is sort of a moot point.........

Offline jpstrait

weaver k-series
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2004, 09:57:32 AM »
gunslinger, do the new k-series have 1/4 audible clicks and do you find that they have enough eye relief?

Offline sdgunslinger

weaver k-series
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2004, 05:43:27 AM »
Yes the Weavers have audible 1/4 minute clicks.  I also have  v16 , and both Weavers seem to track about as well as any scopes I've owned . The eye relief is not as long as say a Leupold , but it is adequate for stuff like .300 mags and down.  The eye relief would be no problem on a .270 .

Offline jpstrait

weaver k-series
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2004, 09:52:17 AM »
thanks for the info, i think i'll give one a shot.