Author Topic: hey creeker  (Read 399 times)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
hey creeker
« on: September 19, 2004, 12:00:05 PM »
I havent been able to get into my hotmail accoult since thrusday so if you sent the address to ship that mold to me either pm me or send it to lsmale@jamadots.com
blue lives matter

Offline LAH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
hey creeker
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2004, 03:52:45 PM »
Hey Lloyd. Been out of town fishing. Just to let you know the mould came. I cast some of these from our standard alloy. Bullets look good. I've not measured or weighed any. I was tired at the end of the run and just washed up and cleaned Beautiful Barbara's auto. I'll try to check the bullets after the radio show tomorrow.

I used your mould, RCBS 45-300-SWC, along with a 45-320 Keith and a Lyman Postell mould. Looks like a .459 dia. bullet with a pointed nose and over 500 grs. in weight. The rifle bullet was cast from 20-1 for a blackpowder shooter. Using these three moulds with no cooling fan I could dump and fill all three on 30 second cycles.

Thanks for use of the mould. I'm going to work up a bunch of these gas checked 45's and see if they will sell.
Joshua 1:9

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
hey creeker
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2004, 11:04:19 PM »
anyone who wants a heavy .45 bullet would do well to buy some. Its the most accurate heavy in most of my .45s and creeker does a good job casting.
blue lives matter