Author Topic: I bought a new Bersa 9mm (report)  (Read 486 times)

Offline Jerry Lester

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
I bought a new Bersa 9mm (report)
« on: October 09, 2004, 03:02:10 AM »
I've always praised Bersa for their compact little 380s. They shoot very good, and function very well too. Combine that with a very reasonable price, and you've got a good pistol for your money. I've always said that if they ever made a 9mm in a similar package, I'd buy me one.

Well, yesterday I bought a Bersa 9mm. It's very compact, and functions just as reliably as their 380s. I've only shot Blazer FMJs through it so far, but with them, the accuracy is outstanding, and out of about 100 rounds of ammo, not a single malfunction of any sort.

I really like this little pistol, and figured I'd give you fellows a report on it in case any of you might think of buying one in the future. For just a little less than $350, I figure they're worth every penny, and then some.

Offline De41mag

• A Real Regular
    • De41mag@aol.com
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2004, 05:39:29 PM »
Jerry;

What does the 9mm Bersa look like? Does it resemble the 380 and about the same size? Been thinking about an another 9mm, have a Sig P-225, was wanting a Sig P-228 since the mag ban was lifted, but at $750.00, I figured I'd go cheaper. I know a friend of mine has a Thunder 380 and we went and shot it right from the gun shop to the range. Not a single malfunction, plus I like the way it feels in my hand.  :grin:
Congrats on the new pistol, keep us posted on further range results.

Dennis  :D

Offline Jerry Lester

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2004, 05:41:35 AM »
The 9mm is just a tad bit beefier than the 380, but not much. I have small hands, so the Bersa pistols fit me better. It's a fairly compact little gun, and fits in the back pocket of my pants.

This thing shoots really good too. Yesterday, I shot another box of Blazers through it. Off a rest, I was tearing a pop can up pretty good at 25 yards. I hit a gallon milk jug 10 for 10 off hand at 40 yards, which is very good for me with a semi-auto.

It's hitting dead on at about 20 yards with the Blazers. I have to use a little hold over at 30-40 yards, but it seems to be very accurate so far, at least with this ammo.

Offline unspellable

• A Real Regular
Bersa 380
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2004, 02:04:56 PM »
the Bersa 380 is reasonably well made and seems to work well enough, but I'd never nominate it as a compact 380.  It's one of the larger 380's.

Offline De41mag

• A Real Regular
    • De41mag@aol.com
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2004, 05:28:05 PM »
Thanks Jerry;

I'm going to look very seriously into one, I'll check a couple of gun shops this week. And the price sounds very good, but most important the accuracy and relyability is what I'm searching for.
Again thanks for the info and have a BLAST with yours, sounds like you got a fine pistol.  :grin:

Dennis  :D