Author Topic: Charles Daly vs. RIA  (Read 502 times)

Offline nacra_racer

• Trade Count: (0)
Charles Daly vs. RIA
« on: October 07, 2004, 12:05:15 PM »
First of all, THANKS to everyone that responded to my post.
 I have narrowed my decision down to two 1911's. The CD and the RIA 1911A1's.
 I am really leaning toward the CD because of this. The gun is blued, it has a dovetailed front sight and a low profile rear sight (three dot system) that I could always change later, it also sports the extended beavertail grip safety that I wanted to change out in the first place, it has the combat (lighter) trigger and the combat (lighter) hammer AND just flat out "looks" better than the RIA. And it comes with an extra mag.
 I've read some bad reviews on the CD but this is by people that but several hundred or even thousands of rounds through it. I won't be doing that anytime soon. I do want to use it as a carry/hone defense weapon and possibly a beginner competition shooter. But for the short term I might put 300 rds through it.
 However, I have read that the RIA is a much better accurate weapon but would cost me another 125.00 to upgrade to the CD's base price.
 Could anyone that has owned or knows of these two weapons please jump in?

Thanks a million,
Toby

Offline les hemby

• Contributor
Charles Daly vs. RIA
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 05:09:51 PM »
I have the RIA and love it. Everyone pretty much likes RIA that has one. I have heard alot of complaints on Charles Daly, Also if you do absolutely anything to CD they will void your warranty. Between the two get the RIA. It is a solid platform to build on. The first thing you may want to do is put in a Wolf 18.5 spring :D

Offline sc03a3

Charles Daly vs. RIA
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2004, 11:02:52 PM »
:-) greetings all, got mycd .45 several years ago, before i heard theywere bad, i guess i got a good one , ive fired over 1000 rds through it without a problem [the mags are not anything to write home about] but also i shoot cast bullet loads only[ 4 gr bullseye, 230 gr rn cast ] i have a series 70 colt and a 1991a1 colt and my cd shoots and funcitions as well as the colts[ better than the series 70......sc03a3