Author Topic: Starting a new project.....awful close to deer season  (Read 545 times)

Offline Mad Dog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Starting a new project.....awful close to deer season
« on: October 08, 2004, 03:15:38 AM »
Got my old Rem. pump 12 ready for deer season, here in Indiana.  My son's 20 ga. tracker II is ready for it's 12th season.  Watched my son get it sighted in, and got to thinking.....[a dangerous thing :wink: ].  Went to 2 gun shops looking for a tracker II 20 for myself.  Finally went to Wally World, and ordered one for $126.74.  It will be in next week.  First step will be to take off the stock, and install a cinnamon lame straight stock.  Then it is off to the local gunsmith to have it drilled and tapped for a scope mount[yeah, I know it voids the warrantee].  It also gets an O ring under the forend.  Gonna put a 2-7x pineridge shotgun scope on top, with weaver rings.  A nylon butt stock shell holder, and sling will finish it off.

Then it is off to the range, with win. partition golds, rem. corlock ultras, and Barnes expanders, to see which shoots the tightest groups.  If all goes perfect, I'll have it ready for the opener, on Nov. 13th.  I wanted a 125-150 yd. deer gun, with good down range ballistics, that didn't weigh a bazillion lbs.![reason I didn't get the ultra slug hunter].  Wish me luck,  I'll need it!

Mad Dog
Mad Dog

Offline MTNMAN

• Avid Poster
Starting a new project.....awful close to d
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 04:00:14 AM »
Good Luck with your Project MADDOG....Hope Wally World comes thru for ya... If that works the rest should be a piece of cake...that Tracker II20 should drop them dead in their Tracks as long as you do your part...I gotta wait 'til the 22nd..... MTNMAN :wink:
Patience comes with age & you can't teach common sense

Jeff Gannon who was known to his many friends here as Mtnman passed away the other day. 09-27-05

Offline HuntenNut

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 11:54:21 AM »
Mad Dog,

I recommend Ed Gagnon of EG Customs for the drill and tap. He has a very good method for these barrels and his prices are very reasonable. I sent him 2 barrels in the mail and had them back in my hands in less than 2 weeks including shipping both ways.

He is in Massachusets, his number is 508-775-2775

Offline Mad Dog

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2004, 03:26:14 AM »
The gun came in on the 14th, so did the scope.  Took the gun to my gunsmith, barrel is tapped, scope mounted, cinnamon lam straight stock is on, O-ring is mounted, and I bore sighted it.  Everything got done 9 days from the start.  Now my problem is the weather.  It's overcast, cold windy, and rainy.  Probably will be a few days before I can sight it in, and test ammo.  The good thing is shotgun season opens 4 weeks from today :grin: !

Mad Dog
Mad Dog