Author Topic: Laser grips?  (Read 444 times)

Offline Flinch

• Trade Count: (0)
Laser grips?
« on: December 01, 2004, 10:15:07 AM »
I was just wondering what some opinions are about these laser grips from people who have owned them. Are they worth the money? Or just an expensive, unnecessary jadget? I believe that keeping things simple, especially with a defensive handgun is best, but I was considering a laser grip for my 1911 comander as I found what seems to be a pretty good deal.
 I was thinking that by having a laser sight it might also help my shooting form during practice by visually seeing on the target when I do something wrong. Thanks for any advice.......Flinch

Offline Dusty Miller

Laser grips?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 09:41:48 PM »
This topic usually generates a lot of HEAT for some reason.  Self-proclaimed experts on either side of the issue pontificate about the benefits or liabilities of laser sights ad naseum.  Eventually it'll come down to a personal choice.  I've gott'm on two guns and the jury is still out.
When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away!

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Laser grips?
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2004, 05:15:23 PM »
Mine are by Crimson Trace and I love them. I can actually shoot better groups using the laser than the sights. And they are bright enough for use in full sun. I think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Flinch

Laser grips?
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2004, 07:23:28 AM »
Thanks for the replies, I think I will give em a try.

Offline Borealis Bob

Laser grips?
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2004, 02:06:02 AM »
I had a Crimson Trace on a J-frame and loved it. It really was a very good training tool and my shooting ability with that snubbie increased dramatically as I learned what I had been doing wrong with my trigger work and grip, etc.