Author Topic: i got picked!!  (Read 460 times)

Offline buckslayer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
i got picked!!
« on: October 21, 2004, 08:01:58 AM »
i have nowere to hunt :cry: :cry:  :cry:  :cry: . so i look in the news paper and see 2 deer ''lotery'' hunts. i applied for both of them. (both shotgun hunts and they even let you go scout the area any time before the hunt!!!!!) i got picked for the first one and am hopeing for the december hunt. the first one is the 20th of november. i got time to look over my spot and see if i want to use the pardner 12 ga. smooth bore w/buckshot(yep buckshots still leagal here) if i'm in the thick wood or rifled slugs if i got shots out to 100 yds. if i'm shootin out to 150-175 i'll take the ultra slug hunter w/ the new rem cor-lokt 260 gr slugs :P  :P  :P
buckslayer :twisted:
I've got to many but never enough!!!! :eek:

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
i got picked!!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2004, 08:06:01 AM »
Congrats...Aim small miss small...Let us know how you make out.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
i got picked!!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2004, 03:24:33 PM »
Where are you located that you have no place to hunt?No state or federal land? how about industrial land? Congrats on getting picked. Have a good hunt.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline gwhilikerz

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
i got picked!!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2004, 03:29:08 AM »
Markus "no place to hunt" is a familiar topic here in Ky. Yes we have lots of public land, mostly Wildlife Management Areas, but the state has drawings for the gun hunts on most of these. The ones that have no drawings are so crowded that it is hard to find a spot where you can't see another hunter set up near you. We do have some "Industrial" land, mostly timber companies, but they are controlled just like the state land (limited permits).
Hunting private land is not much better. Most landowners are quick to tell you their property is leased to someone for hunting, or no hunting is allowed.  There are still some landowners who will grant permission, but you really have to "hunt" to find them.

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
i got picked!!
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2004, 11:40:33 AM »
'm just very lucky to have private land to hunt and friends that have some too. In Delaware we have tons of public land that I've never needed to use. The only time it's crowded is early shotgun season for deer and I don't hunt then much any way.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
i got picked!!
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2004, 12:30:10 PM »
I know where you're coming from. Seems like all the private land is leased to hunting clubs and the public land is over hunted.  So if you don't have the bucks to buy into a lease you can't hunt any bucks for the freezer.  :cry:

One of my buddies figured out that his venison cost him over $20 a pound after figuring his share of the lease, deer corn, hunting license, hunting clothes, boots, attractant sents, masking sents, ammo, and processing cost.  :shock:
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC