Author Topic: Bulgarian Makarov  (Read 688 times)

Offline knight0334

• Trade Count: (3)
    • Pennsylvania Firearm Owners
Bulgarian Makarov
« on: January 01, 2005, 07:34:48 AM »
I'm picking up a Bulgarian Makarov 9x18 next week and I'm hoping to find some goodies to customize it.  A friend of mine has one that shoots like a dream.  ...no jams, stove pipes, or problems whatsoever.  Fairly accurate too for a short little thing(I'm used to my 8"+ barreled guns).  One of the few short guns that I felt very confident and comfortable with.

I figure this would make a decent CCW piece in the summers or backup to my 1911A1.

I've been to http://www.makarov.com/, just wondering if you guys know of any other sites to check out items.
RIP ~ Teeny: b.10/27/66 - d.07/03/07

Offline patm41

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Bulgarian Makarov
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2005, 02:22:45 PM »
Makarov dot com has just about all the acessories avaliable..
I have several Maks and they all have been 100% reliable and excellent shooters..

Offline knight0334

Bulgarian Makarov
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 07:41:20 AM »
Thank you for the info.

I ended up picking up a Bersa Thunder .380 at another gun shop, because of the dealer that had the Makarov bumped up the price from $139 to $229 after I looked at it and said I'd be back with the cash.

..I still plan on getting a Makarov though, but I'll order it from a distributor in Shotgun News Mag through the dealer I got my Bersa.   ..he only tacks's on $15 for orders/transfers under $200.

Offline shooter444002

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Avid Poster
Bulgarian Makarov
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2005, 05:51:01 PM »
If your going to get a Mak get you an East German as they are a lot nicer and have way better triggers. They are really smooth and have a better finish. The best of the Maks.

Offline rockbilly

Bulgarian Makarov
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2005, 08:31:46 AM »
I agree the E. German is the "cream of the crop," but they are hard to find, and expensive when compared to the others on the market today.

SOG has the Polish model listed for $139.  Not bad for something to play with.

Offline RUT

Bulgarian Makarov
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2005, 02:42:37 AM »
>>I agree the E. German is the "cream of the crop," <<

As do I, but if you're looking for a "carry" gun you might want to stick with the Bulgy. I've had two "cherry" E.G.'s in the past, but ended up selling them for that very reason. They were just too nice to marr up in a holster, so were relegated to being "safe queens".

Offline knight0334

Bulgarian Makarov
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2005, 07:16:26 AM »
Quote from: RUT
>>I agree the E. German is the "cream of the crop," <<

As do I, but if you're looking for a "carry" gun you might want to stick with the Bulgy. I've had two "cherry" E.G.'s in the past, but ended up selling them for that very reason. They were just too nice to marr up in a holster, so were relegated to being "safe queens".

I'm still planning up getting a Makarov.  I'd rather not spend extra for looks or finish.  It's purpose will require function and price over value or frills.  Since I'll be carrying it, it'll more than likely get scratched and bumped.  Not having to worry about blemishes devalueing my pistol makes my life a little less stressful.