Author Topic: What if  (Read 805 times)

Offline Don Fischer

• Trade Count: (1)
What if
« on: March 28, 2005, 05:48:06 PM »
I was watching a movie tonight, sitting on the couch holding one of my favorite gun's, I usually do. It's a 16 ga AyA with 28" barrel's. This is about the slickest handling shotgun I've ever owned. Then I got to thinking about dangerous game rifle's. Then about the need for one in North America. Well, not a lot of need but, why does anyone need 20 to 30 or more firearm's anyway? Well there is a need when you look at it that way.

What would it be? Of course I've given this a good deal of thought and have come up with a double rifle in 35 Whelen with 28" barrel's. Wouldn't I be dashing, standing around with that? And actually if for some reason someone was to ask me to go into the brush and finish off the dangerous beast they just wounded with their handgun, I could say "certainly, I have just the thing!

Not much else going on here right now. What would you dream up, if money didn't matter and only for North America?
:wink: Even a blind squrrel find's an acorn sometime's![/quote]

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
What if
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 02:54:31 AM »
Don - slow night?????  LOL.  Mikey.

Offline Don Fischer

What if
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 04:15:30 AM »
Yup!

Offline New Hampshire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
What if
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2005, 11:58:28 AM »
Dangerous game?  Well, I would go big bore cuz thats the kind of guy I am.  So a minimum would be to start with a .45/70 at a minimum of Levergun loadings, better if Ruger loadings.  BUT, since I am crazy, money is no object, and since I think BIGGER IS BETTER, I would probably pick something like the .50 Alaskan, maybe 50/70 or even the .500 Smithy Mag (I will continue to contended to my dying day this things is really a RIFLE cartridge shot in a handgun  :) .)  If I were REAL crazy it would be in .50 3 1/4 sharps  :eek: .
Brian M.
NRA Life Member
Member Londonderry Fish and Game Club
Member North American Fishing Club
Member North American Hunting Club
Member New Hampshire Historical Society
Member International Blackpowder Hunting Association

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
What if
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 11:38:50 AM »
If I were going to wish for a nice SXS DG...then I wish for one in 375H&H...that I don't have to hock every gun I own and take out a second on the house...to buy...but  if I were going to wish for that...then I would have to also add to my wish and have a second barrel set  in 30-06 that I could regulate effortlessly...to cover everything else...

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline Don Fischer

What if
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2005, 11:48:00 AM »
Nice tweed coat, a Filson hat and a pair of Danners and we would be smashing wouldn't we!

Offline oso45-70

• Trade Count: (0)
Hunting and Shooting General Discussion
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2005, 07:44:34 PM »
Heaven Forbid,

The thought of having only 30 guns would drive me to drink, Don, surly you jest,  If one of my gun safes was down to 20 or 30 guns i might just commit sideways. I think a man should have a gun for every month on earth,,, And i've been here a lot of months, Thats mine for today. You all have a fine day. And go out and buy your self another gun.......Joe......
LIFE NRA BENEFACTOR
LEAA LIFE MEMBER
GOA MEMBER
CCKBA MEMBER
AF & AM
NAHC LIFE
NMSSA MEMBER
ATA MEMBER

Profanity is the crutch of a crippled brain