Author Topic: NEF pump shotgun?  (Read 1491 times)

Offline Larry R

• Trade Count: (0)
NEF pump shotgun?
« on: October 29, 2004, 08:39:19 AM »
i was lookin at the 2004 nef catalog today and saw tehy are now making a pump action shotgun. Upon lookin closely at the side of the reciver i saw something that bothered me MADE IN CHINA. Whats the deal with this ? does anyone own one of this ? what do you think about it?

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
NEF pump shotgun?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2004, 10:16:09 AM »
dont own one , have shot one , its a 870 copy, and to sum it all up , for179.00 bucks its a great deal , as for the made in china  well that personal decicion  on ur behalf , but the ones ive looked an shot they work great , and most have decent lookin wood onthem

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
NEF pump shotgun?
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004, 12:05:17 PM »
Do a search and look up the old posts about that gun. The profits from the sales of them goes directly back to the Chinese military!!! I had heard that someone here had bought one, that may be it in the above post. Everyone else says buy an american shotgun, new or used, and we will all be better off....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline gwhilikerz

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
NEF pump shotgun?
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2004, 01:39:39 PM »
I am a little mixed up about this as well. I know the pump is made in China and I here the money goes to the chinese  army. I read folks here say not to buy them, to buy American. Then I see us all buying H&R products because they are made here. If H&R is importing these guns knowing the chinese army gets the money, shouldn't we make our concerns known to Marlin/H&R. I agree that we should buy American when we can. But should we support a company that intentionally supports the chinese military? I don't have an answer for that. Maybe we should boycott H&R. ( now that should get me kicked out of the good ol' boy club :grin: ) I would appreciate any thoughts you may have on this.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
NEF pump shotgun?
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2004, 01:55:38 PM »
You won't get kicked out for voicing your feelings and ideas here. It sounds reasonable to let H&R know how you feel about the pumps....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
NEF pump shotgun?
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2004, 03:34:34 PM »
Quote from: gwhilikerz
I am a little mixed up about this as well. I know the pump is made in China and I here the money goes to the chinese  army. I read folks here say not to buy them, to buy American. Then I see us all buying H&R products because they are made here. If H&R is importing these guns knowing the chinese army gets the money, shouldn't we make our concerns known to Marlin/H&R. I agree that we should buy American when we can. But should we support a company that intentionally supports the chinese military? I don't have an answer for that. Maybe we should boycott H&R. ( now that should get me kicked out of the good ol' boy club :grin: ) I would appreciate any thoughts you may have on this.

gwhilikerz,

I already have let them know how I feel, as I am sure others have. Soon after our concerns were brought to them the old H&R Talk/Marlin Talk was shut down. I have e-mailed them about this Pardner Pump as well as the .22 Sportster auto-loader. Just hope that they don't start making the others overseas.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline Rogmatt

• Contributor
NEF pump shotgun?
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2004, 04:42:17 PM »
H&R wanted to capitalize on the pump market and saw a way to do it. The Pardner pump is an 870 clone and is good quality, even though it is made in china. H&R is hoping the public won't mind so much, since they are selling for as low as 149.00 at Walmart.

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
NEF pump shotgun?
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2004, 04:33:57 PM »
The thing that pissed me off about the Chinese pump is that unless you really look and see the tiny "made in china" in the catalog or website they make no mention of it. They have made in USA all over the other pages. They call it a "PARDNER" which is a name associated for years with an American product. It was disapointing more than any thing else. I hate sleazy marketing crap and that's definitely what this is. It might be a fine gun but with so many quality inexpensive American made guns why would you buy this. If H&R said we are importing this gun from China so we can offer a pump gun to folks at a low price I don't think it would have pissed so many people off. I buy chinese crap all the time but it's disposable stuff. If I'm buying something like a gun or a tool I want it to be quality and I 've been around these H&R guns all my life and know folks that have been around them a lot longer. They aint purdey or merkle but they stand the test of time.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Rogmatt

• Contributor
NEF pump shotgun?
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2004, 01:00:48 AM »
Here is my report again on this subject, posted shortly after Greybeard offered us our own forum:

I preached several sermons on this issue on the old site & here is a re-cap.

The Pardner Pump is made in China and imported from the Hawk Group. The Hawk Group is associated with the manufacturer of the Pardner Pump, Norinco. Norinco is owned by the Chinese military and uses its profits to fund the Chinese military with hightech weapons. The Chinese have joked in the past that they have Nuclear weapons pointed at New York and coastal California and could blow them into the sea at any time. Norinco copied the design from the Remington 870. Not sure yet if 870 parts will interchange with it. We should find out soon enough. Pardner Pump is shipped here via COSCO (China Ocean Shipping Company) shipping company owned by the chinese military to fund weapons. You can't see a train go by in any given town in America without seeing crate after crate labeled with COSCO. The Pardner Pump seems to look good, is selling for 150.00 to 175.00, reliability is too soon to tell. Mossberg Maverick 88 can be bought at Wally World for 159.00 and 139.00 at Academy Sports.
I believe the Pardner Pump backlash had a part in the old site being shut down as H&R did not want it demonized on it's own site & hurt sales.
I don't have a big problem with Russian, Italian, I even have several Brazilian made. these countries are our friends, but I draw the line supporting Communist China as they are committed to replacing the US as the worlds superpower.

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
NEF pump shotgun?
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2004, 03:40:48 AM »
Well said Rogmatt!
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
NEF pump shotgun?
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2004, 01:02:04 PM »
Thank's for taking the time to post that info again Rogmatt.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun