Author Topic: new guy  (Read 627 times)

Offline czbuff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
new guy
« on: November 02, 2004, 04:21:11 PM »
:D  i was just thicking about a singel to turkey hunt with dont meen to nock h&r but was thincking of a eaa baickel shotgun for around the same prise as a custem deluxe h&r  witch one would be better
it only takes one shot.if ya need more.go sight in your gun!!!

Offline Mohawk

new guy
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 07:14:32 PM »
EAA are good guns just like H&R. But, to me, something doesn't seem right about buying a gun from a country that has nuclear missiles pointed at me.  Depends on personal preference. H&R is part of American history in both civilian and military arenas. They have put pounds upon pounds of meat on the table for me in both shotgun and rifle variations and I think they are as engrained into American culture as the .30-06. In short, we love our H&R and NEF single-shooters and doubt that any foreign maker will take over that market.........However, there is Glock...... :roll:

Offline HuntenNut

• Contributor
new guy
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 04:05:56 AM »
I think all will generally agree that the H&R guns have a much better fit and finish and overall quality for the money, plus they are made in the USA. Also, I don't think you can get accessory barrels for EAA if thats a factor for ya.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
new guy
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 04:17:56 AM »
:D ,welcome aboard czbuff!!! This is a gloroius day for all of america and for we gunowners in particular (2nd amendment buffs I guess). Stay around and I for one don't care if you like another brand, I will not bad mouth that brand but you may catch me saying why I think H&R's are better. I am glad to have another here to bounce questions and ideas off, your are welcome here as just another member of this big extended family of shooters, hunters, and gun tinkerers. As in any family there are differences of opinion from time to time but we try to keep them civil....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline gwhilikerz

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
new guy
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2004, 05:25:22 AM »
czBuff I have never held one of the Baikal guns so I can't comment on them . I like H&R (tho I lean more to the NEF side of the family cause i am a penny pincher :grin: ) ( We interrupt this message for an important bulletin. John Kerry has called the White house to concede the election. He made the call at 11:10 or so Eastern Time. God has truly blessed America and I am a happy camper!) WE now return to our regular program.  Welcome to the group. I don't think you can find a more knowledgable group concerning H&R guns anywhere.

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
new guy
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2004, 06:20:28 AM »
Welcome to the site. The samples that I examined were a little shabby and incredibly stiff. Not the same quality as H&R and not much cheaper if at all. The made in the U.S.A. thing is important for a lot of us too. It would be interesting to hear about though if you do get one. H&R/NEF are inexpesive, utilitarian tools. The EEA just seemed cheap.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline czbuff

• Avid Poster
new guy
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2004, 04:56:01 PM »
:-) hay thanks guys for your results i am trying to find the best path to go down before i by eny thing is the new tdc backored polished cone i have been having trouble finding a gun that well shoot a good pattern at forty yards right now i have moss 500 it pretty good gun but its hevy so i am concidering a singel

Offline czbuff

• Avid Poster
new guy
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2004, 02:59:14 PM »
:shock: well i desided to get the h&R tdc for two reasens i can change barrels and it uses the same choke as my mossberg and i got a hand full of them it well be my turkey gun. do yall know what size the vent ribe is    so i can look for sights thanks

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
new guy
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2004, 05:15:34 PM »
good for czbuff, the H&R's will treat you right but are addictive!!! Sorry I don't know what size the vent rib is (on the new  fancy one right?). If you call CS I am sure they will tell you...<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Markus

• Moderators
new guy
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2004, 12:25:35 PM »
Good choice man. Now the challenge will be finding one. You won't regret your decision once you get it though.

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline czbuff

• Avid Poster
new guy
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2004, 01:50:48 PM »
so what are you saying there not on the market yet. wallmart got theme listed for $142 plus tax  on the web sight.

Offline Markus

• Moderators
new guy
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2004, 04:15:04 PM »
The problem is that the wholesaler that they get them from is out. You can check their inventory at www.internetguncatalog.com. Somebody posted about them being out a while ago and I have been looking every couple days. You can probably find one but I doubt it will be at walmart without a little wait.