Author Topic: Question For GB  (Read 770 times)

Offline HoundDog55

• Trade Count: (0)
Question For GB
« on: January 31, 2003, 06:59:18 PM »
You seem to be the man on Bushnell's, How about a rating of all thier scope lines. Best to worst. It would be helpful to know. Thanks.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Question For GB
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2003, 03:56:41 AM »
Well now that is exactly what I'm in the process of doing. If you'll look at the post up top you'll see that I've gotten scopes from each and everyone of their product lines. I'll be putting them all thru their paces with same tests and when it is all over and done with I hope to be able to rate them as to how well they performed and will tell you if I can recommend that one or not.

If you are looking for a "rat now" ranking of best to least by product line name I guess I'm not prepared to do that exactly. Obviously at the top is the Elite 4200 followed by the Elite 3200 and then the Trophy line. I guess to me the distinction blurrs some after that. PRICE then "SHOULD" be an indicator of what might be better within their product line from there but without having testing them yet I can't say for sure if that's gonna prove out or not.

Stay tuned. I still have three more scopes to recieve before I have the complete battery in hand to begin testing side by side. I really do want to wait as I intend this to be a truly "side by side" comparison. I will use a bunch of Weaver bases and single rings to mount them on a board side by side. I'll put some test targets out in varying lighting conditions both in full sun and partial to full shade and various times of day and see what can be resolved looking thru them. I will attempt to get some photos of this process thru the lens of the scopes. Dunno how that's gonna work out.

I will subject all to some heavy recoil but obviously not throusands or rounds of it. I'll test to see if they track accurately and return to zero when moved off and returned in an around the clock type test.

All this ain't gonna happen over night as it is a VERY ambitious project and it ain't gonna be cheap either as lots of shooting will have to be done and lots of time expended at different times of day. BUT when I finish I believe I'll be able to say with some authority just how well the samples I have obtained work in relationship to each other and in general.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline HoundDog55

• Trade Count: (0)
Question For GB
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2003, 05:14:07 AM »
Many thanks. I know it will take a lot of work and time to do this. Looking on the net and ebay you see many different lines at many different prices. Hard for a scope novice to know whats what.