Author Topic: Javelina  (Read 633 times)

Offline Elwood

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
Javelina
« on: November 13, 2004, 12:58:17 PM »
I recently found out that my sons (11&12 years old) have been drawn for the javelina youth hunt in Arizona's units 36 A&C. They are so excited as they have'nt been drawn for deer in three years. The youngest just completed his hunter safety course a few weeks ago. They will be using a Contender carbine in 7-30 waters and a AR-15 in 223. I had to share our good news!!

Elwood
Vae Victis

Offline Thomas Krupinski

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Javelina
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2004, 01:30:00 PM »
I drew the HAM hunt in unit 21 and my son and his boy drew the general in unit 20B.  However I struck out on turkey.

Offline JOE MACK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Javelina
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2004, 12:22:47 AM »
Quote from: Elwood
I recently found out that my sons (11&12 years old) have been drawn for the javelina youth hunt in Arizona's units 36 A&C. They are so excited as they have'nt been drawn for deer in three years. The youngest just completed his hunter safety course a few weeks ago. They will be using a Contender carbine in 7-30 waters and a AR-15 in 223. I had to share our good news!!

Elwood

Congratulations! It should be a really fun hunt with your boys. Javelina are relatively easy to get close to and should present a good shot. Get the meat cooled fast and don't nick the scent gland it's pretty good eating. We usually have it all ground and made into breakfast sausage though. Good luck and enjoy the experience. :lol:
JOE MACK aka Brian aka .41FAN

HAVE MORE FUN AND GET THE JOB DONE WITH A .41