Author Topic: Busted a 6 point this morning. :)  (Read 607 times)

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
Busted a 6 point this morning. :)
« on: November 12, 2004, 04:16:50 AM »
Opening day of shotgun season here in Delaware. Light rain and cool. I put out a fold up doe decoy and hung a pee willie wick with some doe pee on it. At 7:20AM a 6 point came right to it. It did not take it's eyes off the decoy. I had a 30 yards shot. I took out both shoulders and the lungs.  :D
Using a Remington 1100 with Remington copper solids in 2 3/4 inch shells.

:-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :)  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline hoghunter2

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2004, 01:34:15 PM »
congrats on your 6 pointer. Can't say the same for myself yet :( .  Youth weekend opens up tomorrow, so hope to get out and take the 15 year old 8).  again congrats on the buck.  Y'all take care and god bless.

Offline NYH1

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2004, 01:38:25 PM »
Way to go Redhawk1 :D
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline Bob the Cynic

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2004, 02:38:30 PM »
Congrats Redhawk1!  I shot a spike for the freezer this afternoon in the first snow of the year.

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2004, 02:39:23 PM »
Thanks guys, well when it rains it pours. I went out again tonight. I had a small buck come to my decoy, he had a fork horn on one side and a spike on the other side. I let him go, I am waiting for MR. wonderful. He stood out by my decoy about 30 minutes, so I took out my camera and took a couple of pictures of him. He left and I had 2 fawns come to the decoy and just walk around it and leave. About 30 min later the buck came back and was trying to get the attention of my decoy. :)  Then a doe and two fawns showed up so I busted the doe. It ran about 20 yards and piled up. The buck came back and the 2 fawns came back within 2 minutes of me shooting. I let them walk around and a bigger doe at the time I thought it was a doe, came in about 70 yards and I got it also. Come to find out it was a big button buck. The 2 fawns and the spike/fork horn buck went by my buddy, but he did not get a shot. While I was gutting the deer, I had 2 doe's walk to within 20 yards of me, when I stood up they bolted out of there and ran about 100 yards and stoped to look back. When I went to go get my truck to get the deer we had about 15 to 20 deer in the field just watching us load up the 2 I shot. Man what a day.  :D
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2004, 02:45:21 PM »
Quote from: Bob the Cynic
Congrats Redhawk1!  I shot a spike for the freezer this afternoon in the first snow of the year.

Way to go. I donated both of my deer I shot today. One to the Hunter for the hungry and one to a buddy that wanted meat for the freezer. My freezer had plenty of deer. I am hunting on farms that are over run by deer and the farmer's wants them gone. I am glad Delaware lets us shoot as many doe's as we want to buy tags for. I am also hunting on a farm in Maryland over run by deer. But shotgun season starts after Thanksgiving.  :D
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline goose7856

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2004, 05:44:39 PM »
nice to hear that you gave the deer to charity.....my uncle and a friend started the Hunters' for the Hungry Program.....wow, I thought it was only for the south (down in Louisiana, and Mississippi), but I guess it has become a nation wide thing....what a great thing.ill have to talk to him the next time I see him.

Just shows what some work, and willingness to help will do!! :)

Congrats on the deer every1.....My first day of rifle season begins next weekend......cant wait....should be able to get one w/o a problem!! (or I did last year at least.....I got 5, lol)

Good luck with the rest of the season!!
Good Hunting and Straight Shooting