Author Topic: My friend's Marine !!!  (Read 624 times)

Offline NYH1

• Trade Count: (0)
My friend's Marine !!!
« on: November 03, 2004, 02:16:51 PM »
A good friend from work's stepson is with the 1st Battalion, 8th Marines from Camp Lejeune. In March of 2003 the 1/8 was the "Battalion Landing Team" for the "26th Marine Expeditionary Unit". They ended up conducting combat operations in Mosul, Iraq. On their way back to Camp Lejeune from the deployment in Iraq the 26th MEU was diverted to the cost of Liberia, as a show of force. The 1/8 never did go ashore but elements of the 26th MEU did, recon, engineer's along with Navy See Bee's did and the 1/8 was on high alert incase something happened and they needed to put "boots on the ground" fast.

I was talking to my friend Joe today at the soda machine and he wasn't himself. I asked what was wrong and he told me his stepson called his wife and him about a week ago to tell them he wouldn't be able to call for three or four weeks because there was a major offensive that was going to start soon and they won't let the Marines make any phone calls while there getting really to launch an attack or go into combat operations.

The 1/8 is just outside Fallujah, Iraq. Last night on the new they said there was heavy "close air support" taking place in Fallujah and the Army was moving troops in the assist the Marines with their assault. My friend and his wife are worried, and rightly so. I'm not and huge religious person as some of you know, but I'm going to pray for all the men and women in harms way, especially for this Marine, and ask you to do the same.

This young Marine has walked through the valley of the shadow of death time and time again and doesn't ask anything from anyone! He does it because he's a United States Marine and thats what they do! God bless the CORPS.
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline powderman

My friend's Marine !!!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 03:30:51 PM »
NEW YORK HUNTER. Prayer sent Sir. POWDERMAN.  :D  :D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
My friend's Marine !!!
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 04:16:10 PM »
NYHunter;
  Our service people always in my prayers and are a constant feature of our churchwide prayers.
  One thing helps, but is not necessary...give us a name.
   Not the entire name, but his given name (e.g. Joe, Ted, Rick etc.)

God already knows him of course....but it helps us to personalize our prayers a bit...and prompts our memory when we pray...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Nightrain52

• A Real Regular
My friend's Marine !!!
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 04:21:55 PM »
Our prayers go out to your friends stepson and all our other military personell in harms way in Iran and also in Afghanistan and all other places they are stationed. May Gods hands shield and protect them and bring them home safe.
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS

Offline NYH1

My friend's Marine !!!
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2004, 04:27:27 PM »
ironglow, his name is Paul.
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
My friend's Marine !!!
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2004, 04:33:05 PM »
Thanks NYHunter....his name will be included with name of my grandson Josh, in my prayers.
  When operations are imminent, contact must be temporarily broken off ...never know when/where the enemy is listening...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
My friend's Marine !!!
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2004, 11:06:34 PM »
NYHunter;
  Your friend's son Paul, was put on our prayer list at church last Thurs night. He is also on our personal list along with our grandson, Josh...

I expect the cleanout of Fallujah to start at any moment....not going to be simple, but our troops will not suffer the amount of casualties as hey did in previous similar situations. All a matter of training, weapons and equipment.

I don't want to minimize any casualties, each soldier/marine is dear to many people...so they all stay in our prayers...

May God bless each combatant....and God bless the USA!

Offline NYH1

My friend's Marine !!!
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2004, 04:57:01 AM »
ironglow, thanks! :D  I've been keeping your grandson Josh in my thought's too! It's nice to have people like you that have kids that have good kids like Josh! I hope that makes sense! :grin:

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
My friend's Marine !!!
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2004, 12:37:41 PM »
NYHunter;
  Paul and Josh were in our worship service prayers today also...along with Josh's high school friend Joel, a Marine in Fallujah.
  Joel is assigned to the same Marine Battalion that Josh is in but in a deployed company..