Author Topic: Hows the rut looking?  (Read 598 times)

Offline HuntenNut

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Hows the rut looking?
« on: November 05, 2004, 05:26:29 AM »
Hows the rut looking in your neck of the woods?

Offline lewdogg21

• Avid Poster
Hows the rut looking?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 08:33:14 AM »
Its gonna be tremendous in about two weeks.  Too bad the season closed last sunday.

California deer hunting =  :evil:

Offline Steelhead

• Avid Poster
Hows the rut looking?
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2004, 09:33:11 AM »
Should be kicking in HIGH GEAR about Christmas week. Fortunately I have about 3 weeks off that time of year so I will give them hell again.
Deactivated for behavior in response to a warning from GB.

Offline Darrell Davis

Hows the rut looking?
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004, 05:07:35 PM »
:D Hey there hunters,

As per the "RUT" - it should now be in full swing here in Ol'Ideeeeho.

The buck I popped this past Saturday was all geared up, but he was real clean for having already been personally involved. His neck was really big and he was within about 50yds. from where I saw a couple does just a few minutes before he made his       mistake.

Did see a few scrapes before I got the critter, so expect it will be busy busy for the bucks during the next couple weeks or so.

Go get a big one.

Keep em coming! :wink:
300 Winmag

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
Hows the rut looking?
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2004, 06:13:35 PM »
I don't think it is in full swing yet here in Delaware, but the bucks are chasing the doe's already. About 3 or 4 more day the full rut should be in.  :D  I will be out there with my bow tell shotgun season opens.  :-D
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline huntsman

• A Real Regular
Hows the rut looking?
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2004, 03:51:22 PM »
South Texas, still late summer as far as vegetation is concerned. All trees are way late turning and dropping leaves. We've seen several bucks and does, only one buck was flirting slightly with a doe. Some deer are still in summer patterns. Think the rut is going to be delayed some this year due to summer temperatures and ample rain all through October.
There is no more humbling experience for man than to be fully immersed in nature's artistry.

Offline hardertr

• A Real Regular
Hows the rut looking?
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2004, 06:37:36 AM »
I'm in West/Centeral Texas...same story has Huntsman.  The bachelor groups are starting to break up though.

I shot a nice young 8pt last night that was acting like he was "tracking" though.

We still have a LOT of green vegetation, no leaves are dropping yet, we had our typical annual rainfall in the last 3 months alone.

According the the Texas Parks and Wildlife, the rut is SUPPOSED to peak just after Thanksgiving weekend.  Seeing as how that's only 2 weeks away....I think they may be off a little!

I'm hunting an area with a doe-to-buck ratio of something in the vicinity of 2-to-3. (Based only on what I've seen through my scouting since June, bow hunting all last month, and deer counts other hunters are seeing)  WHEN the rut starts here...I am CERTAIN it will be too obvious to miss!
The problem with troubleshooting is....sometimes it shoots back!

Offline Rmouleart

• Contributor
  • Aim small hit small.
Hows the rut looking?
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2004, 07:03:29 AM »
Here in NH the rut is starting, early season rut I mock scrapes in a bucks area of his own scrapes, drives the dominate bucks crazy, I have a nice buck marking over twenty tree's in one area and a long scrape line to boot 8) got a look at him early bow season, a nice mature ten pointer. Hope he slips on me. I have seen many doe's this year. Hope he don't go nocturnal:( Good luck all. Aim small hit small. RAMbo.

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
Hows the rut looking?
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2004, 11:59:38 AM »
Fresh scrapes, cold weather and snow in the forcast.  Looks to be a good year.

Long
Life is short......eternity is long.

Offline smoky

• Contributor
    • http://www.cattletoday.com/sscc
Hows the rut looking?
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2004, 06:33:49 AM »
Headed to South Arkansas for opening week starting this Saturday!!!!  My dad (retired) is already there bowhunting.   He says they are starting to chase does and lay down a lot of sign this week.  Its supposed to be about 32 degrees there Sat with a new moon.

Can't Wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smoky
Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

Offline New Hampshire

• A Real Regular
Hows the rut looking?
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2004, 11:50:34 AM »
Almost shot me A 4 pointer this past Sunday here in New Hampshire.  He was chasing a doe (my buddy saw them from his stand first and said the doe was runnin as fast as her legs could take her and the buck just kept coming,) and when they came out in front of me his nose was almost up her wahzoo.  Unfortunately a sappling preventd me from expiring his time card.  But things are looking good.  We have a couple 10 pointers running around our spot, and then one deer my friend swears is breaking the 225 mark.
Brian M.
NRA Life Member
Member Londonderry Fish and Game Club
Member North American Fishing Club
Member North American Hunting Club
Member New Hampshire Historical Society
Member International Blackpowder Hunting Association