Author Topic: Magnum Research great costumer service.  (Read 413 times)

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
Magnum Research great costumer service.
« on: September 14, 2004, 01:56:29 PM »
Magnum Research has great costumer service. I bought a BFR in 500MAG over a year ago. I purchased a set of Hogue wooden grips for it. Well after shooting the BFR the grips busted. I sent them to Hogue and they sent me a letter stating the grips could not be repaired and they would not replace them because they were for show purposes only :eek: ???? :shock:  

I sent an e-mail to Magnum Research and told them what Hogue wrote me. Also Hogue said they were sending a copy of the letter I sent them and a cope of the letter they sent me to Magnum Research. Magnum Research e-mail me back and told me Hogue was wrong and the grips were not just for show purposes only and that they had received there letter as well as mine. They also told me they (Magnum Research) was sending me a new set of grips for my BFR free of charge. I know Magnum Research will get my future business, when they stand behind someone elses product. I have had nothing but good experiences with Magnum Research.  :D   I just wrote them 3 days ago and the problem has been solved.
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline jar-wv

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2004, 01:13:52 PM »
I bought a BFR 454 and after shooting it a while it was binding up at one certain place on the cylinder. I called them and they said send it back with a letter stating what the problem was. In the letter I also mentioned that the trigger could be improved. When I got it back it was noticeably slicked up, along with a Belt Mountain type base pin that wasn't there when I sent it to them. A+ in my book.

jar

Offline Bill T

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2004, 02:58:51 AM »
Redhawk,

I just bought another BFR in .500 S&W as a companion piece to my other BFR in .45-70. What I need is load data. Do you have any sources? Mine came with a scope base and an extra front sight! I'm having a hard time locating brass. There is a new Sportsmans Warehouse that just opened by me so I think I'll try them tomorrow. If I don't find it there, I'll keep trying Starline until they get more in.  Bill T.

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2004, 05:19:59 AM »
Quote from: Bill T
Redhawk,

I just bought another BFR in .500 S&W as a companion piece to my other BFR in .45-70. What I need is load data. Do you have any sources? Mine came with a scope base and an extra front sight! I'm having a hard time locating brass. There is a new Sportsmans Warehouse that just opened by me so I think I'll try them tomorrow. If I don't find it there, I'll keep trying Starline until they get more in.  Bill T.

E-mail me so I can get your address, and I will send you the load date I use. You will need Excel to run the program. If you don't have Excel send me your address and I will mail you a copy of my data. It has a starting load and max load. All kind of weight bullets.
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA