Author Topic: This sucks !  (Read 670 times)

Offline NYH1

• Trade Count: (0)
This sucks !
« on: December 07, 2004, 11:47:47 AM »
I know people pass away everyday but this really caught my attention. For one- I work at the same place this gentlemen retired from (I did not know him), and I have a soft spot for Vet's, especially Vietnam vet's! My dad served in Vietnam with the 25th ID! He retired with a nice pension and good benefits and didn't even get to enjoy one year! Sometimes life just doesn't seem to be fair! :(

Sigmund J. Brzostowski      

December 4, 2004 Sigmund J. "Siggy" Brzostowski, 57, of LaFayette, died Saturday at University Hospital. He was a communicant of St. Joseph's Church, LaFayette. Siggy retired from New Process Gear in 2004 as a forklift operator following 33 years of ser-vice. He was a member of the UAW #624, Syracuse, NY. He was a U.S. Army veteran serving two tours of duty in Vietnam; he was a green beret serving with the special forces. He was an avid outdoorsman and enjoyed hunting and fishing. He was predeceased by a sister Rebecca Brzostowski who died in 1965. Surviving are his wife of 23 years, the former Yolanda "Yola" Kaminski; three sons, Sigmund "Siggy" of Camillus, Casey of Syracuse, and Jesse Brzostowski of LaFayette; a daughter, Rebecca Brzostowski of LaFayette; a brother, Andrew Brzostowski of California; three sisters, Mary O'Leary of Las Vegas, Sylvia Anderson of Hastings, and Paulette Granger of Queensbury, NY; a half sister, Sigrid Cicchetti of Baldwinsville; and two grandsons, Alex and Evan. Services will be 10:15 a.m. Friday at the Ballweg & Lunsford Funeral Home, Inc., LaFayette and 11 a.m. at St. Joseph's Church, LaFayette. Burial will be in Onondaga County Veterans Memorial Cemetery. Friends may call 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home, 2584 Field Lane. Contributions may be made to LaFayette Volunteer Fire Department, Route 11, LaFayette, New York 13084. Please light a candle in memory of Siggy at www.ballweg-lunsford.com
Published in the Syracuse Post Standard on 12/7/2004.
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline savageT

This sucks !
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 12:12:17 PM »
New York Hunter,
Considering this is December 7th...the anniversary of the Pearl Harbor Invasion, I commend you for remembering a war veteran, especially one that served as a Green Beret in 'Nam.
Thank You for remembering one of our country's heros.
God Bless him and his family.

Jim
savageT........Have you hugged a '99 lately?

Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most.

Offline Dali Llama

This sucks !
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 01:03:52 PM »
Quote from: savageT
New York Hunter,
 I commend you for remembering a war veteran
Dali Llama say he concur.
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline marv

• A Real Regular
Sucks
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 06:17:36 PM »
A man I worked with retired about same time I did, He  retired on 31 st
 of one month and passed away on the 15th of the next  month.
 Now that sucks never got to spend a penny of his retirement.
 Marv.

Offline Major

• A Real Regular
This sucks !
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 07:06:45 PM »
I thank God for all the vets, both living and dead, for what they have done for my country and me.   I also thank God that I am able to enjoy my retirement.   I have seen way too many workers that didn’t get to do that.   I even worked with one guy that died in an accident at work 2 weeks before his last day.   All I can say is life didn’t come with any guarantees so we all need to make the most of what time we are given.
Deactivated as trouble maker

Offline Dali Llama

This sucks !
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2004, 01:33:04 AM »
Quote from: Major
life didn’t come with any guarantees so we all need to make the most of what time we are given.
That do be the case, say Dali Llama.  Dali say nothing certain but death and taxes. :-)
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk